Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

If we get the expected 6k expansion for the 2 stands behind the goals then each of those ends will HAVE to change shape.

What shape they go for could mean a steeper rake for the new 3rd tiers with a completely new roof design or a deeper 3rd tier that somehow only tweaks the roofline that we have.

Of course they could simply do away with the roof and tie in to a new structure somehow but that seems like a sledgehammer solution to a nutty problem.

I suspect the roof will have to be adjusted, perhaps on or two panels can be taken out that will allow the roof to be lifted. I'd also be surprised if the footprint of the existing South Stand wasn't increased backwards towards Ashton New Rd to accommodate a concourse on the new 3rd tier, a reconfigured Legends Lounge and perhaps more Hospitality Boxes.

Couple of comments

Not possible to "lift" the roof and reason why are outlined many times on BM

The section "slice" shown on the cabin is if fact a section view this differs in that it shows gemotry behind the section it may also be a staggered section ie cut along different planes Anyone who can read drawings will understand this. The image has been slightly modifed to the one shown in the Arup design study document by extending the seating section from level 3 round into the south stand If this is all that is being done it is just filling in the corners in front of the louvers.
9262706658_e2a53b399c_m.jpg

It might be pertinent, but City would not have to enter into a local community consultation process if such a minimal capacity increase was confined to inside the existing structure?

There is no physical impact to the wider residents.

City are rushing through these plans for the South Stand to address the Rugby World Cup next year.

The portakabin isn't really for the benefit of City fans as such, more the wider community, hence, being open seven days a week as a sort of drop-in centre.

City would have absolutely no problem extending both ends of the ground at exactly the same time for such minimal and bog-standard engineering capacity increases.

City intend to submit a works application in October, but with future permission also included for the North Stand.

Money isn't the issue, manpower and expertise is not the issue.

So what precludes both ends being addressed in tandem, unless the expansion plans are of a much grander and problematic scale?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
It might be pertinent, but City would not have to enter into a local community consultation process if such a minimal capacity increase was confined to inside the existing structure?

There is no physical impact to the wider residents.

City are rushing through these plans for the South Stand to address the Rugby World Cup next year.

The portakabin isn't really for the benefit of City fans as such, more the wider community, hence, being open seven days a week as a sort of drop-in centre.

City would have absolutely no problem extending both ends of the ground at exactly the same time for such minimal and bog-standard engineering capacity increases.

City intend to submit a works application in October, but with future permission also included for the North Stand.

Money isn't the issue, manpower and expertise is not the issue.

So what precludes both ends being addressed in tandem, unless the expansion plans are of a much grander and problematic scale?

IMHO there will be a capacity reduction during construction, thus both ends at once would be too much of a loss Then there is the roof but aparentently, according to BM, it can have a few sections removed and lifted or alternatively just built around and the old one removed later :)

After a meeting at the club on Monday. I was told the both ends will be expanded by around 6,500 seats EACH. The expantion proposals centre is as it says for different proposals and for fans to go and give their views on what they want/would like from the expansion.

When we play in the cup and give the ends away to the other teams fans they usually bring about 7,000. So obviously the new third tier is going to be bigger than what some people are showing on here.

Some really good points on the last page...with the 'keeping their card close to their chests' nature of ADUG et al, I really can't see them accidentally leaking the plans on some cabin mural...and I think Tolmie's post is pretty spot on.

Perhaps the North Stand is linked to a built in structure afterall (although I'm not sure I like the destruction of the current symmetry.

Look forward to more details over the next few days.

Loukas said:
After a meeting at the club on Monday. I was told the both ends will be expanded by around 6,500 seats EACH. The expantion proposals centre is as it says for different proposals and for fans to go and give their views on what they want/would like from the expansion.

When we play in the cup and give the ends away to the other teams fans they usually bring about 7,000. So obviously the new third tier is going to be bigger than what some people are showing on here.
Away cup followings are 5800 becuase that is all the ends currently hold.

somapop said:
Some really good points on the last page...with the 'keeping their card close to their chests' nature of ADUG et al, I really can't see them accidentally leaking the plans on some cabin mural...and I think Tolmie's post is pretty spot on.

Perhaps the North Stand is linked to a built in structure afterall (although I'm not sure I like the destruction of the current symmetry.

Look forward to more details over the next few days.

Me too
supercity88 said:
mostonbluemark said:
toffee balls said:
Read the thread back 10 pages , look at jrb's photo of the detailed cross section , read Disco Steve's delight at his 2 year old butchering of the Ove Arup drawings which have proved to be incredibly accurate .

If the club have commisioned and architect to prepair a detailed section (and all the planning and 100's of man hours that entails) , have graphics reproduced on to a lovely new "look what's coming" information hoarding only to then declare that this was a complete red herring and we are virtually rebuilding the south stand , then fair do's to the club because I have been well and truly taken in.

Sorry if i come accross a bit bolshi and I hope the club show me to be a complete dick but construction is what I do and I get a bit ryled when people won't open their eyes and READ THE THREAD.

wv78ev.jpg

Nobodies having a pop at you mate and for info I've read every post on every page since its inception, i.e. the old Vegas thread.
No worries pal , I love this thread and felt my dreams of world domination were stalling.

Especially enjoying the increase in activity in this thread. The equivalent of Test Match cricket within a thread on Bluemoon, full of methodical thinking with the odd bit of drama and some silly moments for good measure.

Tolmie has added some good information there to help direct our thoughts. Certainly true that no consultation would likely be required should the extension be more simple and in line with the drawing on the portacabin. Similarly it seems the South Stand expansion will be stage 1 as we expected and then the North Stand will indeed link to the wider development when it is expanded. Possibly with a major alteration externally. Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.