Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

JRB - cheers for taking the time out to take and post those pics...spotted a few doing the twitter rounds, complete with the 'globules of god knows what' and all :)

They really show the scale of the flipping thing...reminds me of the pics from when part of the city centre was rebuilt following the bomb around the Arndale/Exchange Sq.

The Ledge said:
blingy said:
Btw On The tour there was a picture /mock up of the training site, the bridge didn't have any arch things on it, was just prity plain bridge... Has the bridge designs changed dose any if you know..

From recollection the original bridge with the arch has been done away with and they are going with something more simple. Can't remember the reasoning around this as the bridge was going to be a main feature on the original plans.

details of the bridge including the original rejected designs can be seen at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov.uk/associateddocs/selecteddoc.aspx?100559-dsx-0001.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov. ... x-0001.pdf</a>

somapop said:
JRB - cheers for taking the time out to take and post those pics...spotted a few doing the twitter rounds, complete with the 'globules of god knows what' and all :)

They really show the scale of the flipping thing...reminds me of the pics from when part of the city centre was rebuilt following the bomb around the Arndale/Exchange Sq.

No probs.

Forgot to add. When I was taking the pictures somebody shouted... "It's going to get burned down anyway!"

When I turned around a white van was driving away with a........(fill in as appropriate) leaning out of the front passenger window.

I was sorely tempted to shout back, but I just started smiling to myself, knowing....... :-)

jrb said:
somapop said:

No probs.

Forgot to add. When I was taking the pictures somebody shouted... "It's going to get burned down anyway!"

When I turned around a white van was driving away with a........(fill in as appropriate) leaning out of the front passenger window.

I was sorely tempted to shout back, but I just started smiling to myself, knowing....... :-)

Must be the heat :)

Never noticed the landscape hoardings before. I think all these trees will make is something special too. The pics with the city centre in the background are pretty tasty too...the 'defined' central area is growing at a rate my pumpkin plant would do well to catch.

somapop said:

As construction continues and buildings, etc start coming out of the ground, fans of other clubs and people in general will be amazed by this proposal.

Fast forward 1 year to Next Summer. On a similar hot and sunny day as today, and a possible open day for the local community and City fans to have a look around the new training complex.

I can't wait. :-)

worsleyweb said:
The images shown would allow an extra 2500 seats per end - 800 per corner and then 900 in the central section. If we did both ends would take capacity to 52,500.
Yeah, reckon that's the case.

toffee balls said:
I can't help but feel a bit deflated.

I'm sorry I should know better but this seems to dismiss any capacity for future proofing our rise to the top of european football and if I am honest , I am completey underwhelmed.

I say all that with a heavy heart....

back to the Bale Negredo thread
Got to say, that's how i feel. Shame really but i was expecting something much bigger.

somapop said:
jrb said:
somapop said:

No probs.

Must be the heat :)

Never noticed the landscape hoardings before. I think all these trees will make is something special too. The pics with the city centre in the background are pretty tasty too...the 'defined' central area is growing at a rate my pumpkin plant would do well to catch.

I.

The 100's pine trees hidden away in a secret Cheshire location will make a huge difference. Once the planting is complete after construction, the place will look amazing.

toffee balls said:
Read the thread back 10 pages , look at jrb's photo of the detailed cross section , read Disco Steve's delight at his 2 year old butchering of the Ove Arup drawings which have proved to be incredibly accurate .

If the club have commisioned and architect to prepair a detailed section (and all the planning and 100's of man hours that entails) , have graphics reproduced on to a lovely new "look what's coming" information hoarding only to then declare that this was a complete red herring and we are virtually rebuilding the south stand , then fair do's to the club because I have been well and truly taken in.

Sorry if i come accross a bit bolshi and I hope the club show me to be a complete dick but construction is what I do and I get a bit ryled when people won't open their eyes and READ THE THREAD.

wv78ev.jpg

Nobodies having a pop at you mate and for info I've read every post on every page since its inception, i.e. the old Vegas thread. But what is confusing people is that which was briefed on the morning of the FA Cup Final suggests that any extension to the South Stand would be in the region of 6000 seats. North Stand extension would be of a similar size. I would rather believe that which was briefed at the time to some peoples interpretation of an Engineering cut through posted onto the sides of a Portocabin. Just saying.

THB the argument seems to revolve around whether the diagram is the new expanded South Stand or not. Initially I thought it was, but I was mistaken, lt isn't, its the East Stand.

mostonbluemark said:
toffee balls said:
Read the thread back 10 pages , look at jrb's photo of the detailed cross section , read Disco Steve's delight at his 2 year old butchering of the Ove Arup drawings which have proved to be incredibly accurate .

If the club have commisioned and architect to prepair a detailed section (and all the planning and 100's of man hours that entails) , have graphics reproduced on to a lovely new "look what's coming" information hoarding only to then declare that this was a complete red herring and we are virtually rebuilding the south stand , then fair do's to the club because I have been well and truly taken in.

Sorry if i come accross a bit bolshi and I hope the club show me to be a complete dick but construction is what I do and I get a bit ryled when people won't open their eyes and READ THE THREAD.

wv78ev.jpg

Nobodies having a pop at you mate and for info I've read every post on every page since its inception, i.e. the old Vegas thread. But what is confusing people is that which was briefed on the morning of the FA Cup Final suggests that any extension to the South Stand would be in the region of 6000 seats. North Stand extension would be of a similar size. I would rather believe that which was briefed at the time to some peoples interpretation of an Engineering cut through posted onto the sides of a Portocabin. Just saying.

Exactly, I think it is worth holding fire on assessing the drawing provided on the portacabin. Could just be a generic design they have put on it just so everyone is clear it is for stadium expansion. I doubt very much it will be the technical drawing that they use, there is no need to do that. And they are keeping things close to their chest so that makes me doubt it is the actual expansion drawing.

They have said 6,000 on each end, South stand first and then the North stand when there is need. We will find out shortly how they plan to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.