Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

waspish said:
thesilvalining said:
according to the sunday daily star 'Manchester city want to increase their capacity to 60,000 although they rarely fill their 48,000 capacity'
pretty sure we sold out every PL game last season so once again the rag paper trying to take a dig at us

Did they actually print that?!

If so One phone call to mcfc would of put them straight!

A quick google search will find you 5 sites with completely different results, but every one puts City's home premier league attendance at between 98 and 99.1 (I think) per cent

This one from ESPN says that we didn't sell out 3 matches (by their definition that's 97% full). So who were the 3 <97%? I'd guess Wigan, Reading & QPR or maybe Fulham.

Does our segregation policy and previous minimum allocation of block 136 to away fans mean that if only a taxi full turn up then we will have <97% fill? I noticed that we gave a couple of teams just block 134 last term.

From ESPN:
Chart 4: club fill rates 2012-13 (average attendance divided by stadium capacity)

epl_fillrate_2013.jpg

Chart 5: number of sold out matches 2012-13 vs 2011-12 (sell out = fill rate of 97% or higher)

epl_sellouts_2013.jpg

JGL07 said:
penalty spot said:
it would be great if the speedway was moved along side other sports in this area. As a teenager i would get off the train at Belle Vue watch speedway I think on Fridays. Same train station and then a 53 bus down to Claremont Road for the big match....!!!!!. Happy days indeed. Speedway was very big in the 1960,s . Ivan Mayor anyone, or Peter Craven did he die in a crash?

Peter Craven died in a crash at Edinburgh's Meadowbank Stadium in 1963.

Thanks for that , the memory banks are getting depleted.

waspish said:
thesilvalining said:
according to the sunday daily star 'Manchester city want to increase their capacity to 60,000 although they rarely fill their 48,000 capacity'
pretty sure we sold out every PL game last season so once again the rag paper trying to take a dig at us

Did they actually print that?!

If so One phone call to mcfc would of put them straight!
It's a joke of a "news" paper, i don't buy papers but i will have a look if i come cross them, and i've never seen a good news City story in the Star, if you believe the shite in it everybody at City is unhappy and wants to leave ,
The Star should stick to what it's good at ie front page headlines at Big Brother FFS !

Thanks for the pics jrb. As the market is now demolished does anyone know what is being built on Grey Mare Lane?. I imagine that the catholic school and Mary D's and the Manchester pub will remain. and Eastlands bar.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
penalty spot said:
it would be great if the speedway was moved along side other sports in this area. As a teenager i would get off the train at Belle Vue watch speedway I think on Fridays. Same train station and then a 53 bus down to Claremont Road for the big match....!!!!!. Happy days indeed. Speedway was very big in the 1960,s . Ivan Mayor anyone, or Peter Craven did he die in a crash?

Don't know if that was autocorrect but it was Ivan Mauger (pronounced Major), and Peter Craven did die in a meet up in Edinburgh.

Belle Vue, the finest and fairest track in the country and Peter Craven was the most spectacular rider. He and 4 others had a permanent 10 yard handicap, which made for some dazzling overtaking moves.
After the speedway it was free to go into the funfair and lose your bus fare in the slot-machines .........

Had a good update on the stadium today. It is looking likely just the south stand at first the club have surveyed and very much want to phase this to avoid not selling out straight away. The north stand will follow next summer. The longer term plan is to develop the east and west stands although this is some years away. The payback period on the north and south stands is approaching ten years at 7500 per seat. In the next 7 to 10 years the 3rd tiers will have extra seats installed with only 8 or 9 rows in the mid central blocks but many more rows as the stand curves to the corners. The roof catenary system will come off and will slope down towards the pitch. For a few years the north and south ends will be higher than the east and west but longer term it will join as one. The image which has been posted on here as a 3 tier joined up satdium is very much the long term plan. The new seats will be on a cantaliver structure a bit like the San Siro or the kop where we will see the underside of the stand from the outside. If you can picture that. There is a big meeting this Friday. The long term capacity of city will be in the region of 75,000.

I am going to bump this thread in 2022.

worsleyweb said:
Had a good update on the stadium today. It is looking likely just the south stand at first the club have surveyed and very much want to phase this to avoid not selling out straight away. The north stand will follow next summer. The longer term plan is to develop the east and west stands although this is some years away. The payback period on the north and south stands is approaching ten years at 7500 per seat. In the next 7 to 10 years the 3rd tiers will have extra seats installed with only 8 or 9 rows in the mid central blocks but many more rows as the stand curves to the corners. The roof catenary system will come off and will slope down towards the pitch. For a few years the north and south ends will be higher than the east and west but longer term it will join as one. The image which has been posted on here as a 3 tier joined up satdium is very much the long term plan. The new seats will be on a cantaliver structure a bit like the San Siro or the kop where we will see the underside of the stand from the outside. If you can picture that. There is a big meeting this Friday. The long term capacity of city will be in the region of 75,000.

I am going to bump this thread in 2022.

The number I have heard several times from different people is 84000 - which would be rather nice.

The payback period on the north and south stands is approaching ten years at 7500 per seat

How did they arrive at this number I wonder?..

Given the demand for cheap seats and more luxury for the affluent fans as main reason for expanding, can we deduct how many of each category we might be looking at?

S04 said:
The payback period on the north and south stands is approaching ten years at 7500 per seat

How did they arrive at this number I wonder?..

Given the demand for cheap seats and more luxury for the affluent fans as main reason for expanding, can we deduct how many of each category we might be looking at?

Surely any ROI figure would include things like food and drink etc?

On thing that should also be worthy of consideration, again is where cars will be parked by the end of the development?

the area in front of the east stand,does anybody know what is happening to this? its a eyesore tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.