Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

fbloke said:
S04 said:
The payback period on the north and south stands is approaching ten years at 7500 per seat

How did they arrive at this number I wonder?..

Given the demand for cheap seats and more luxury for the affluent fans as main reason for expanding, can we deduct how many of each category we might be looking at?

Surely any ROI figure would include things like food and drink etc?

On thing that should also be worthy of consideration, again is where cars will be parked by the end of the development?

It should include the profit on food and drink and extra club shop sales etc. it might even Include projected profits on turfing people out of Level 2 for corporates.

Hopefully there will be a good few thousand of cheaper seats -'sat at least HC of the new stand (but this may be wishful thinking based on the 7500 figure).

fbloke said:
S04 said:
The payback period on the north and south stands is approaching ten years at 7500 per seat

Given the demand for cheap seats and more luxury for the affluent fans as main reason for expanding, can we deduct how many of each category we might be looking at?

On thing that should also be worthy of consideration, again is where cars will be parked by the end of the development?
Once the capacity expands significantly I'd expect an even bigger push on using public transport, possibly utilising some of the metrolink network's Park and Ride stops. This will be another reason for encouraging people to arrive earlier and stagger their departure on top of relieving them of more money. ;-)

lancs blue said:
fbloke said:
S04 said:

Once the capacity expands significantly I'd expect an even bigger push on using public transport, possibly utilising some of the metrolink network's Park and Ride stops. This will be another reason for encouraging people to arrive earlier and stagger their departure on top of relieving them of more money. ;-)

This. The club are intending to make the match a day out experience where people will stay from 12 till 6 on a match day. I am so excited having heard what I have today. East Manchester will be so different in ten years.

fbloke said:
worsleyweb said:
Had a good update on the stadium today. It is looking likely just the south stand at first the club have surveyed and very much want to phase this to avoid not selling out straight away. The north stand will follow next summer. The longer term plan is to develop the east and west stands although this is some years away. The payback period on the north and south stands is approaching ten years at 7500 per seat. In the next 7 to 10 years the 3rd tiers will have extra seats installed with only 8 or 9 rows in the mid central blocks but many more rows as the stand curves to the corners. The roof catenary system will come off and will slope down towards the pitch. For a few years the north and south ends will be higher than the east and west but longer term it will join as one. The image which has been posted on here as a 3 tier joined up satdium is very much the long term plan. The new seats will be on a cantaliver structure a bit like the San Siro or the kop where we will see the underside of the stand from the outside. If you can picture that. There is a big meeting this Friday. The long term capacity of city will be in the region of 75,000.

I am going to bump this thread in 2022.

The number I have heard several times from different people is 84000 - which would be rather nice.
84,570 would be even nicer.

Parking will be no problem by the time we get to 84K, we'll be flying hover cars which can park either vertically or stacked on top of each other.

Just doing some quick calcs - say the mean number of rows back the east and west are expanded is 20 rows - I am guessing 13 blocks each side at 30 seats long - equals 390 x 20 x 2 - would give

15,600 on top of 60'000 - 75,600

Don't get carried away with 84000 blues!!

worsleyweb said:
Just doing some quick calcs - say the mean number of rows back the east and west are expanded is 20 rows - I am guessing 13 blocks each side at 30 seats long - equals 390 x 20 x 2 - would give

I wonder if we might also see smaller seats to squeeeeeze a few more thousand in?

fbloke said:
worsleyweb said:

I wonder if we might also see smaller seats to squeeeeeze a few more thousand in?
does-my-bum-look-big-NEW.jpg

fbloke said:
worsleyweb said:

does-my-bum-look-big-NEW.jpg

Just came across these by chance just now. From Saturday's online MEN.

I'm right in thinking these were taken from outside the site. It seems even the MEN can't get in.

Click to enlarge.

Out of the Blue: Pictures show City's £120m Etihad Campus taking shape
27 Jul 2013 13:18

The shots, by M.E.N. photographer Chris Gleave, reveal where the Blues are up to at the halfway mark of the vast project.

These *exclusive pictures*(ah?) capture the staggering pace of work on City’s new £120m training complex.

The shots, by M.E.N. photographer Chris Gleave, reveal where the Blues are up to at the halfway mark of the vast project.

They hope the sprawling Etihad Campus will be open in time for the 2014/15 season, a year from now. And it would appear that they are right on track.

The framework of two cantilever stands now sit opposite each other to give a clear impression of how the site’s 7,000-capacity stadium, which will host youth and reserve team games, will look. Elsewhere cranes tower over a series of buildings that will include changing rooms, a cutting-edge gym, refectory and state of the art injury and rehab centre.

The site will also feature 16 pitches and a half-sized goalkeepers’ training pitch. It will eventually be connected to the stadium by a new footbridge over Alan Turing Way. Classrooms and accommodation will also be provided on the 80-acre project.

The work has created about 160 construction jobs and 95 permanent jobs. Around 70 per cent of those have gone to locals with two-thirds of those being the long-term unemployed.

Blues bosses believe the complex will be one of the best in the world and provide the City Academy with all the tools they need to produce the Sky Blue stars of the future.

It is all a far cry from the site’s industrial past. For 130 years it was home to the Clayton Aniline dye works which, at its peak, employed 2,500 people.

Club officials will no doubt hope that the Etihad Campus will become a similarly iconic site – synonymous with east Manchester and the regeneration it triggered for years to come.

[bigimg]http://i1.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article5373497.ece/ALTERNATES/s2197/CG-Academy70050310_6569075-5373497.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://i1.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article5373498.ece/ALTERNATES/s2197/CG-Academy80050311_6569076-5373498.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://i2.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article5373501.ece/ALTERNATES/s2197/CG-Academy40050307_6569071-5373501.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://i2.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article5373502.ece/ALTERNATES/s2197/CG-Academy50050308_6569072-5373502.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://i2.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article5373503.ece/ALTERNATES/s2197/CG-Academy60050309_6569073-5373503.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://i4.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article5373505.ece/ALTERNATES/s2197/CG-Academy110050304_6569069-5373505.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://i2.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article5373506.ece/ALTERNATES/s2197/CG-Academy100050303_6569068-5373506.jpg[/bigimg]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.