Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

gordondaviesmoustache said:
fbloke said:
worsleyweb said:
Had a good update on the stadium today. It is looking likely just the south stand at first the club have surveyed and very much want to phase this to avoid not selling out straight away. The north stand will follow next summer. The longer term plan is to develop the east and west stands although this is some years away. The payback period on the north and south stands is approaching ten years at 7500 per seat. In the next 7 to 10 years the 3rd tiers will have extra seats installed with only 8 or 9 rows in the mid central blocks but many more rows as the stand curves to the corners. The roof catenary system will come off and will slope down towards the pitch. For a few years the north and south ends will be higher than the east and west but longer term it will join as one. The image which has been posted on here as a 3 tier joined up satdium is very much the long term plan. The new seats will be on a cantaliver structure a bit like the San Siro or the kop where we will see the underside of the stand from the outside. If you can picture that. There is a big meeting this Friday. The long term capacity of city will be in the region of 75,000.

I am going to bump this thread in 2022.

The number I have heard several times from different people is 84000 - which would be rather nice.
84,570 would be even nicer.
84,569 + 1 - see where your coming from Gordon.......you can have the privilege of being the +1 - Maine Road 's record attendance

GXCity said:
celf said:
the area in front of the east stand,does anybody know what is happening to this? its a eyesore tbh

First two phases of the collar site will be built there

collar site??? what is this please??

celf said:
GXCity said:
celf said:
the area in front of the east stand,does anybody know what is happening to this? its a eyesore tbh

It is the development around the stadium and on the lower car parks.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:52 am --<br /><br />
fbloke said:
worsleyweb said:
Just doing some quick calcs - say the mean number of rows back the east and west are expanded is 20 rows - I am guessing 13 blocks each side at 30 seats long - equals 390 x 20 x 2 - would give

15,600 on top of 60'000 - 75,600

Don't get carried away with 84000 blues!!

I wonder if we might also see smaller seats to squeeeeeze a few more thousand in?

Have you seriously just said on Twitter that you won't go to a game until Viagogo has gone?

I cannot believe you would turn your back on the club.

Have you seriously just said on Twitter that you won't go to a game until Viagogo has gone?

To be fair he said he wouldn't get 'membership' until Viagogo has gone. In all honesty the Blue Membership is quite dear for those who can only make the odd game here and there like myself. Backed by the fact that you could generally get a ticket last year on general sale without the 'match priority'. I've not renewed my membership either but still managed to get a pair of tickets for Newcastle on general sale whilst still earning some loyalty points. Still, each to their own I guess.

@GX - I'm a bit confused over the 'phases'. How many phases are there planned for the collar site (if this is yet known) and does this include the academy (as phase one)?

Also, how feasible (is it even under discussion?) are the plans to bring rail back to the area?

On a slight tangent, anyone have any guesses on the 'Tomorrow' (formerly project digital) project? See linkie below, but there's a definite shift in attitudes towards our fair city today...seems to be snuggling nicely into it's role as a major European City (although in fairness we still have a long way to go):

http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/nort...be-based-in-manchester.html?news_section=4150

Tomorrow HQ to be based in Manchester

THE consortium behind the high-tech, top secret Tomorrow project in Manchester is to base its European headquarters in the city.

Tomorrow, formerly known as Project Digital, was partially unveiled in August when the agent Edwards & Co said a collaboration of global companies was bringing a groundbreaking technology to the city and had signed 10-year leases on 180,000 sq ft at 20 locations.

More detail was expected soon after but the launch was postponed.

Today Edwards & Co director Andrew Timms told an audience at the Liverpool and Manchester Property Forum in Manchester that it will be launched within weeks and that the companies behind it had a sizable requirement for a headquarters building.

He said: "Manchester has been chosen as the European headquarters and we are in quite detailed discussions on that and will be announcing it after the launch."

He added: "The clients have chosen Manchester because it's got MediaCity, the science parks, and the universities. The talent here is one of the major drags. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll be getting the go-ahead and announcing the launch. It will be very exciting, it's a world first and I'm looking forward to speaking about it in greater detail."

He said his clients had looked at all parts of the world, including South East Asia, but it came down to Europe and an English-speaking country. Capital cities were considered but in the end Manchester "ticked all the boxes".

"They're not just opening a business but delivering a concept that will go to other cities and they knew Manchester was a key city where they could start it off," he said.

Last August the technology was described as being able to "facilitate collaborative problem solving, new product/service development and commercial innovation".

Thirteen of the buildings involved are: The Hive, 47 Lever Street; 1 New York Street; Chancery Place; Orange, MediaCityUK; One First Street; The Peninsula Manchester; Riverside, New Bailey Street; 304 Bridgewater Place; Towers, Manchester; Booths Park, Knutsford; Citylabs; 196 Deansgate; Manchester Science Park.

Cisco seem to be the strong contender, but it's interesting they've chosen Manchester not only for the launch, but also for the Headquarters of this new consortium/company/product...

bellbuzzer said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
penalty spot said:
it would be great if the speedway was moved along side other sports in this area. As a teenager i would get off the train at Belle Vue watch speedway I think on Fridays. Same train station and then a 53 bus down to Claremont Road for the big match....!!!!!. Happy days indeed. Speedway was very big in the 1960,s . Ivan Mayor anyone, or Peter Craven did he die in a crash?

Don't know if that was autocorrect but it was Ivan Mauger (pronounced Major), and Peter Craven did die in a meet up in Edinburgh.

Belle Vue, the finest and fairest track in the country and Peter Craven was the most spectacular rider. He and 4 others had a permanent 10 yard handicap, which made for some dazzling overtaking moves.
After the speedway it was free to go into the funfair and lose your bus fare in the slot-machines .........

Tell me about it, walked home to Levenshulme down Mount Road on numerous Saturday nights.
Just couldn't resist the temptation of the arcades.

GXCity said:
celf said:
GXCity said:

It is the development around the stadium and on the lower car parks.

-- Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:52 am --

fbloke said:
worsleyweb said:
Just doing some quick calcs - say the mean number of rows back the east and west are expanded is 20 rows - I am guessing 13 blocks each side at 30 seats long - equals 390 x 20 x 2 - would give

15,600 on top of 60'000 - 75,600

Don't get carried away with 84000 blues!!

I wonder if we might also see smaller seats to squeeeeeze a few more thousand in?

You do like to twist my words dont you.

I wont be renewing any of the Blue memberships that we currently have in the family, 2 adult and 4 kids.

We will however all be members of an OSC as that has no affiliation to Viagogo or indeed requirement to register with them etc.

Funnily enough I typically go through hospitality when buying tickets and so the Blue membership was simply money down the drain.

You have to have either a season card or blue membership to get tickets through an OSC branch - well, that's the case with the branch I belong to.

unexpected item said:
You have to have either a season card or blue membership to get tickets through an OSC branch - well, that's the case with the branch I belong to.

Since when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.