Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

Del_Bosque said:
There won't be a new stadium, no chance.

The training ground, mini stadium and bridge have all been designed to focus and be in direct eyeline of the ground. This was really stressed in the design brief and all the promo videos. Stating Barcas La Masia as the idea behind it. The thinking is all the youth teams will see the ground when training and playing and it will inspire and drive them to suceed.

I really dont see the issue with the roof. A secondary support system off the spirals would be straight forward as no additional weight is being added? It would simply bear the whole load when the inner ring is removed from to allow north and south stand expansion

A secondary structure to replace a primary structure? The structure is already supported from the top of the spirals, the ground anchors and the spirals actual get in the way of building new support structure. I suggest that you study the roof structure Im open to any credible suggestions

JGL07 said:
paulgmurphyhumphries said:
For the last couple of years I have read thousands of posts from lamenting people explaining how they cannot afford tickets. With more success will come higher prices for tickets, A new stadium will add to the costs, hence even higher ticket prices. Many of our fans come from low income households, It is part of our tradition and heritage. I dont want to see sky high prices and more supporters being priced out.

If City do not expand prices will inevitably go up.

To increase matchday income, the only options will be to increase corporate facilities at the expense of some current seating. Then prices will go up in the way that they have at Chelsea.

The concern is all about FFP income. An expanded stadium or a new larger stadium would help to increase FFP income without any impact on FFP costs.

seeing as we're so long term driven why can't the owner take the sensible decision not to pass the stadium costs onto the normal fans? he can get that money back in a number of different places and over time the money will be repaid by the stadium anyway.

JGL07 said:
For the last couple of years I have read thousands of posts from lamenting people explaining how they cannot afford tickets. With more success will come higher prices for tickets, A new stadium will add to the costs, hence even higher ticket prices. Many of our fans come from low income households, It is part of our tradition and heritage. I dont want to see sky high prices and more supporters being priced out.

If City do not expand prices will inevitably go up.

To increase matchday income, the only options will be to increase corporate facilities at the expense of some current seating. Then prices will go up in the way that they have at Chelsea.

The concern is all about FFP income. An expanded stadium or a new larger stadium would help to increase FFP income without any impact on FFP costs.

Spot on been saying that FFP is not fair to the fans, clubs are forced to increase their match day revenue Same as the OFT ruling to stop the Sky cartel on TV rights resulting in ESPN now BT meaning more costs for additional subscriptions

suarez7 said:
I have a question that might have been asked before ,
I hear a lot about the city's new campus with all millions of investement to develop the area , what exactly is it? is it only related to youth/academy developement?

Mainly , what kind of revenue are you expecting from it (if there are any such sources) ?

£400m over ten years is the sponsorship from Etihad for the Etihad Campus, stadium and all shirts and training wear. It has not been disclosed directly how much of this figure is related to the campus sponsorship, but it will be a significant part.

The other possibilities for revenue in the future is office space to be rented to sports governing bodies, there is a plan to make the campus the leading area for sports administration in the country.

There were also talks of a significant national tourist attraction to be built on land in between the stadium and new training ground. No further plans have been released on this for over a year, so those plans may well have been mothballed.

citysince88 said:
This is a complete punt but....

Could the roof be removed or does it act in some way to keep the whole structure of the stadium steady ?

If not then take the roof off one pre season and use one of the those plastic type roofs that rely on rising hot air as a temporary roof (they got one in the states) I am guessing that it would be easy to remove when necessary. Then at the end of the season start your work on which ever stand you want?

Would expect that it would take too long for a close season removal of existing roof and building the necessary if only temporary structure To have a tempoary hot air balloon would need PL permission to play indoors not currently allowed

bluebannana said:

If we could get safe standing, it would increase capacity and affordability.

completley agree, dont tell anyone on here though as soon as you say you struggle to afford tickets everyone jumps on you with " city are one of the cheapest in the league" maybe they are, but it doesnt mean its cheap, especially with family and bills to pay.
An under 16s season ticket at City was £95 for the last three seasons.
Adult tickets could be had for around £350.
How much do holidays, the latest clothes, computers, video games, nights in the pub etc cost over a year?
Everything is relative. If people want it, they will make sacrifices by not spending so much on other things.

LongsightM13 said:
bluebannana said:

completley agree, dont tell anyone on here though as soon as you say you struggle to afford tickets everyone jumps on you with " city are one of the cheapest in the league" maybe they are, but it doesnt mean its cheap, especially with family and bills to pay.
How much do holidays, the latest clothes, computers, video games, nights in the pub etc cost over a year?
Everything is relative. If people want it, they will make sacrifices by not spending so much on other things.

Spot on. The thought of seeing a game live for around $30AUD is awesome for myself.

I went on a gap year after school and didn't get the UK but in Europe went to 5 matches and the costs for some of the worst seats was on average 60-70 Euro (yeah maybe we got ripped off, although they were good teams).

Shaelumstash said:
suarez7 said:
I have a question that might have been asked before ,
I hear a lot about the city's new campus with all millions of investement to develop the area , what exactly is it? is it only related to youth/academy developement?

Mainly , what kind of revenue are you expecting from it (if there are any such sources) ?

£400m over ten years is the sponsorship from Etihad for the Etihad Campus, stadium and all shirts and training wear. It has not been disclosed directly how much of this figure is related to the campus sponsorship, but it will be a significant part.

The other possibilities for revenue in the future is office space to be rented to sports governing bodies, there is a plan to make the campus the leading area for sports administration in the country.

There were also talks of a significant national tourist attraction to be built on land in between the stadium and new training ground. No further plans have been released on this for over a year, so those plans may well have been mothballed.

Hmm , etihad deal did included stadium naming rights and shirts and other sponsorships worth around 30m , so you are basically getting around 10m for the campus a year

Is the campus in process of getting built? When it will finish?

LongsightM13 said:
bluebannana said:

I'd be very surprised if our ST prices don't eventually end up maybe 10-20% less than the rags - I do think they will always be cheaper.

Their match day revenue across the season is about £110m compared to ours of around £20m (maybe we can squeeze out another £5m from full houses and better cup runs), they get 5 x our revenue from a stadium less than double the size......... (got the figures from Swiss Ramble). Even the dippers with a slightly smaller stadium get in more than double our money with £43m.

At some point we should be getting at least Liverpools income from our current ground and Liverpool is not a more affluent area than Manchester. I don't see how we can indefinitely keep giving up over £80m/season the rags and stay competitive over the long term. The only other option would be for us to coin it in with the other proposed developments and effectively use them to subsidise the ticket prices.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.