Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

^^ Cheers - haven't seen that second image before.

The Manchester Arena (previously MEN), has an element of intrigue about it. The success of the recent concerts at t'Etihad perhaps point to this being used for many more...the land surrounding the MEN is developing on quite a large scale...it's a wee wee poor building (imo) and has no current sponsor. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a new stadium built on the North Car Park ([controversial]or even the Asda location[/controversial]) and the Etihad converted to all year round entertainment (as in sports/concerts) arena...stick the newly reformed Manchester Giants in there too...we have a winner :)

I feel that some of us are getting carried away on this issue,a common reason for moving during the relocate windpw was the distance from the action in rows U to DD in CB and ES.Why are Unt looking to move away fans to 3rd tier part of the reason is that they are finding problems sellin seat up in the gods I have met a few Unt fans who have made one visit to OT and had a seat at the rear of tier 3 and they will not be returning, Newcastle have away fans up in the clouds so how many Blues who bang on about expanding up to 70-80 thou will be looking to relocate to a 3rd tier behind the goals, find a way to circulate the airflowto the pitch and fill in the corners would give 52-53 thou.

This is a complete punt but....

Could the roof be removed or does it act in some way to keep the whole structure of the stadium steady ?

If not then take the roof off one pre season and use one of the those plastic type roofs that rely on rising hot air as a temporary roof (they got one in the states) I am guessing that it would be easy to remove when necessary. Then at the end of the season start your work on which ever stand you want?

For the last couple of years I have read thousands of posts from lamenting people explaining how they cannot afford tickets. With more success will come higher prices for tickets, A new stadium will add to the costs, hence even higher ticket prices. Many of our fans come from low income households, It is part of our tradition and heritage. I dont want to see sky high prices and more supporters being priced out.

If we could get safe standing, it would increase capacity and affordability.

There won't be a new stadium, no chance.

The training ground, mini stadium and bridge have all been designed to focus and be in direct eyeline of the ground. This was really stressed in the design brief and all the promo videos. Stating Barcas La Masia as the idea behind it. The thinking is all the youth teams will see the ground when training and playing and it will inspire and drive them to suceed.

I really dont see the issue with the roof. A secondary support system off the spirals would be straight forward as no additional weight is being added? It would simply bear the whole load when the inner ring is removed from to allow north and south stand expansion

paulgmurphyhumphries said:
For the last couple of years I have read thousands of posts from lamenting people explaining how they cannot afford tickets. With more success will come higher prices for tickets, A new stadium will add to the costs, hence even higher ticket prices. Many of our fans come from low income households, It is part of our tradition and heritage. I dont want to see sky high prices and more supporters being priced out.

completley agree, dont tell anyone on here though as soon as you say you struggle to afford tickets everyone jumps on you with " city are one of the cheapest in the league" maybe they are, but it doesnt mean its cheap, especially with family and bills to pay.

bluebannana said:

completley agree, dont tell anyone on here though as soon as you say you struggle to afford tickets everyone jumps on you with " city are one of the cheapest in the league" maybe they are, but it doesnt mean its cheap, especially with family and bills to pay.

..........but would a higher capacity mean higher ticket prices ? West Ham said that if they got the Olympic Stadium in Stratford, they would LOWER prices to increase attendances and that they would still increase their revenue without ripping the fans off.

I have a question that might have been asked before ,
I hear a lot about the city's new campus with all millions of investement to develop the area , what exactly is it? is it only related to youth/academy developement?

Mainly , what kind of revenue are you expecting from it (if there are any such sources) ?

suarez7 said:
I have a question that might have been asked before ,
I hear a lot about the city's new campus with all millions of investement to develop the area , what exactly is it? is it only related to youth/academy developement?

Mainly , what kind of revenue are you expecting from it (if there are any such sources) ?

new training facilities that bring all the teams together from the youngest to the first team

mini stadium for the EDS (reserves), accommodation for players, 6th form collage and poss a public swimming pool

If City do not expand prices will inevitably go up.

To increase matchday income, the only options will be to increase corporate facilities at the expense of some current seating. Then prices will go up in the way that they have at Chelsea.

The concern is all about FFP income. An expanded stadium or a new larger stadium would help to increase FFP income without any impact on FFP costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.