Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
I can't believe they are putting two rows at the front of the existing bottom tier. The view will be absolutely diabolical. It already is on the first few rows and this will be worse.

I suppose the tourists will love it with their big daft cameras.

They are going to drop the pitch to allow for the extra rows so it won't make any difference.

GXCity said:
City@home is being flattened and replaced by a nice new shiny building. Use to be confirmed :)

Hmmm. My guess would be a brand new city store so we can move the current one especially with north stand development. I wonder if it could be integrated with a museum with an aerial walkway into the new south stand.

Didsbury Dave said:
I can't believe they are putting two rows at the front of the existing bottom tier. The view will be absolutely diabolical. It already is on the first few rows and this will be worse.

It'd also be ideal for kids who like to be up and close to players - and families with said kids. Good on them. Extra numbers are always welcome - if we can accomodate. I can see them digging the pitch down a tad over the coming years after the two new tiers.

Manchester1894 said:
GXCity said:
City@home is being flattened and replaced by a nice new shiny building. Use to be confirmed :)

Hmmm. My guess would be a brand new city store so we can move the current one especially with north stand development. I wonder if it could be integrated with a museum with an aerial walkway into the new south stand.

Jeez, I'll have to walk another two hundred yards to turn meself into a FKW.

acton28 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

It'd also be ideal for kids who like to be up and close to players - and families with said kids. Good on them. Extra numbers are always welcome - if we can accomodate. I can see them digging the pitch down a tad over the coming years after the two new tiers.

I used to beg my dad to let us sit at the front of the platt lane but he would never let me. Then I got to about 11 or 12 and he'd let me go down there with my mates as long as I came back with ten minutes to go.

Got stuck in the middle of a mass battle with Leeds fans once doing that.

But I digress. Of course, the more the merrier.

Does the design allow for easily dropping the pitch already, i.e. was the possibility considered previously? I guess the under soil heating has to be x cms below the surface anyway so will have to move, but are there other pipes and stuff? Hopefully it can be completed within a summer OK. Would be terrible if it got round to August and the work was running late!

akcity said:
Didsbury Dave said:

They are going to drop the pitch to allow for the extra rows so it won't make any difference.

I thought they were changing the rake of the lower part of the stands to expand out over the infield area, IIRC there's a diagram on one of the planning permission PDFs posted - so the view may well be bobbins.....

Not sure where this idea of lowering the pitch came from, can't be practical when you consider drainage, under-soil heating, plant access, waste removal, and getting it laid in time for the new season.

Found the planning permission doc....

5.11 Adding rows to the front of the lower tier
3 extra rows will be added to the lower tier by reprofiling the pitch run-off and
stepping the new rows down below current ground level. The new steppings
height will be kept to a minimum as these new seats will be low relative to
pitch level. A minimum C60 sightline will be provided, creating approximately
2,000 extra seats.

Not only will the view be bobbins, It'll be wet as well.....

http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov.uk/associateddocs/selecteddoc.aspx?104315-dsx-0004.pdf

Went to Fratton Park years ago when we drew 2-2. Couldn't get a ticket for the City end, so I got 2 tickets(1 for the Mrs) in their main stand. Little did I realize at the time that I would was sat on the front row. So what you might think.

Your head is just above the pitch. So your eye line/sight is the players calfs/legs. :-?

You can just about see it on this picture.(click to enlarge)

Note the steps with the yellow paint and the seats below the perimeter around the pitch.(yellow paint)

Definitely the worst seat I've ever sat in.

[bigimg]http://www.tothe92.co.uk/images/pic/panoramic/fratton_park_panoramic_1.jpg[/bigimg]

And yes, typical City. Portsmouth scored in the last minute, Everyone was going mad apart from 2 City fans sat at the front of the stand. It didn't go unnoticed. :-)

jrb said:
Went to Fratton Park years ago when we drew 2-2. Couldn't get a ticket for the City end, so I got 2 tickets(1 for the Mrs) in their main stand. Little did I realize at the time that I would was sat on the front row. So what you might think.

Your head is just above the pitch. So your eye line/sight is the players calfs/legs. :-?

You can just about see it on this picture.(click to enlarge)

Note the steps with the yellow paint and the seats below the perimeter around the pitch.(yellow paint)

Definitely the worst seat I've ever sat in.

[bigimg]http://www.tothe92.co.uk/images/pic/panoramic/fratton_park_panoramic_1.jpg[/bigimg]

And yes, typical City. Portsmouth scored in the last minute, Everyone was going mad apart from 2 City fans sat at the front of the stand. It didn't go unnoticed. :-)

jrb did you not go to burnden park then, front row there meant you couldn't see the ball at the other end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.