Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
travelman said:
jrb said:
Went to Fratton Park years ago when we drew 2-2. Couldn't get a ticket for the City end, so I got 2 tickets(1 for the Mrs) in their main stand. Little did I realize at the time that I would was sat on the front row. So what you might think.

Your head is just above the pitch. So your eye line/sight is the players calfs/legs. :-?

You can just about see it on this picture.(click to enlarge)

Note the steps with the yellow paint and the seats below the perimeter around the pitch.(yellow paint)

Definitely the worst seat I've ever sat in.

[bigimg]http://www.tothe92.co.uk/images/pic/panoramic/fratton_park_panoramic_1.jpg[/bigimg]

And yes, typical City. Portsmouth scored in the last minute, Everyone was going mad apart from 2 City fans sat at the front of the stand. It didn't go unnoticed. :-)

jrb did you not go to burnden park then, front row there meant you couldn't see the ball at the other end

No, never did Burnden Park TBH.

One that got away.

If they lower the pitch, wont they unearth Frank's magic crystals? or have they already been removed?

Not really the place for this, but talking of shite views and shite pitches, the old Burnden Park was just like the Swamp is now with with its raised pitch. I see how after the Rugby League World Cup Final this year, that all the slagging off of United's raised pitch and lack of run off areas (which was highlighted during the game because of injuries suffered by players), was swept under the carpet and doesn't seem to have been mentioned again. I wonder if they will be looking elsewhere now for The Grand Final next October?

Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
If they lower the pitch, wont they unearth Frank's magic crystals? or have they already been removed?

Not really the place for this, but talking of shite views and shite pitches, the old Burnden Park was just like the Swamp is now with with its raised pitch. I see how after the Rugby League World Cup Final this year, that all the slagging off of United's raised pitch and lack of run off areas (which was highlighted during the game because of injuries suffered by players), was swept under the carpet and doesn't seem to have been mentioned again. I wonder if they will be looking elsewhere now for The Grand Final next October?

Franks crystals were removed at the last re-laying of the pitch it was on the OS in the feature videos at the time.

jrb said:
travelman said:
jrb said:
Went to Fratton Park years ago when we drew 2-2. Couldn't get a ticket for the City end, so I got 2 tickets(1 for the Mrs) in their main stand. Little did I realize at the time that I would was sat on the front row. So what you might think.

Your head is just above the pitch. So your eye line/sight is the players calfs/legs. :-?

You can just about see it on this picture.(click to enlarge)

Note the steps with the yellow paint and the seats below the perimeter around the pitch.(yellow paint)

Definitely the worst seat I've ever sat in.

[bigimg]http://www.tothe92.co.uk/images/pic/panoramic/fratton_park_panoramic_1.jpg[/bigimg]

And yes, typical City. Portsmouth scored in the last minute, Everyone was going mad apart from 2 City fans sat at the front of the stand. It didn't go unnoticed. :-)

jrb did you not go to burnden park then, front row there meant you couldn't see the ball at the other end

No, never did Burnden Park TBH.

One that got away.
Don't worry you'll get your chance when the Sheikh gets bored and pulls out.

kev20971 said:
GXCity said:
kev20971 said:
What is happening to the offices, are they moving to the new academy stadium, if so what will happen to the city@home building ? also what happened to the planned building that should of been build on the old Summerbee's pub , anyboby know ?

The offices are moving to the academy facility. City@home is being flattened and replaced by a nice new shiny building. Use to be confirmed :)
thanks mate, hopefully a new city museum, about we had one again

I met a guy in Plzen who said he'd been charged with setting up a new City museum.<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:00 pm --<br /><br />
Mike N said:
jrb said:
The task at hand.

There will have to ne some serious investment and proposals/buildings to fill the land around the stadium.

manchester_etihad_stadium_02.jpg

Good night fellow Blues. :-)

-- Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:48 am --

Airviews news updates have been added.

s2ftiPu.jpg

The bridge. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.airviews.info/etihad_campus_bridge.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.airviews.info/etihad_campus_bridge.html</a>

I understand the bridge will be going up in February with a road closure planned.

Probably on a match day!

tell you what i miss - the cafe / mini restraunt that used to be above the souvenir shop. Used to like popping in for my lunch.

worsleyweb said:
tell you what i miss - the cafe / mini restraunt that used to be above the souvenir shop. Used to like popping in for my lunch.

Agreed.
Are there any images/plans of the new bridge on this thread anywhere & if so where?

chesterbells said:
worsleyweb said:

Agreed.
Are there any images/plans of the new bridge on this thread anywhere & if so where?

Page 37. Here, have a link:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=290545&start=360#p7198834" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=290545&start=360#p7198834</a>

It's not going to look like anything special to be frank, but it'll at least be good for getting across the road without bringing traffic to a shuddering halt.

Falastur said:
chesterbells said:
worsleyweb said:

Agreed.

Page 37. Here, have a link:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=290545&start=360#p7198834" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=290545&start=360#p7198834</a>

It's not going to look like anything special to be frank, but it'll at least be good for getting across the road without bringing traffic to a shuddering halt.

Cheers mate - still good to see it in position though.
Makes such a difference to the development overall on those pics once all the green turf is in place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.