Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
squirtyflower said:
Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
KGJM said:
Was told by a laing orourke employee that if they go ahead with the extra front row seating then the pitch will be lowered and that the council is only allowing the one end to be extended for now because they cant substantiate the extra capacity without guarantees of it being filled.

What a load of bollocks!.....what has it got to do with the Council....something smelly here!
Both of his points sound iffy
Lowering the pitch, really? What about the drains and the under soil heating, are we going to play around them? Or maybe it's considered a way of making the games more even.
Its going to be Super Mario Bros football

KGJM said:
Was told by a laing orourke employee that if they go ahead with the extra front row seating then the pitch will be lowered and that the council is only allowing the one end to be extended for now because they cant substantiate the extra capacity without guarantees of it being filled.

What a load of bollocks!.....what has it got to do with the Council....something smelly here!

I hope it is bollocks but its what ive been told, and the stadium is still owned by the council so surely they would have a say?

Lowering the pitch is feasible, but will involve quite a lot of work with drainage and undersoil heating, but what has potential empty seats got to do with the Council?
nothing in the planning app talks about lowering the pitch. no mention of works associated with this. only 'addition of extra front row seating'
therefore bollocks

KGJM said:
KGJM said:

I hope it is bollocks but its what ive been told, and the stadium is still owned by the council so surely they would have a say?

Per the recently negotiated deal, the council don't have control of this, they of course have a say but (and they may be a lot of things) stupid they aint. They will back any ground extension as it improves said value and therefore more than protects the councils investment. Remember, the option is for the Sheik to pull out and build all the planned projects at a greenfield site that we would own and like I sad, the council are a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them :-)

why would the council care, if i was given permision to build a shop wtf has it io do with the council if the customers come in or not, bollox im affraid

BufordUSABlue said:
KGJM said:

Per the recently negotiated deal, the council don't have control of this, they of course have a say but (and they may be a lot of things) stupid they aint. They will back any ground extension as it improves said value and therefore more than protects the councils investment. Remember, the option is for the Sheik to pull out and build all the planned projects at a greenfield site that we would own and like I sad, the council are a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them :-)

As I feel I may have been provided with duff information, I decided to contact a more senior laing orourke employee who confirmed that they are currently looking at expanding the south stand only at this time (so maybe the North stand could follow after as a 2nd phase?). He did not have any information regarding the lowering of the pitch so this might well be rubbish.

IrelandSuperman said:
Could it be that there's separate contractors for each stand?

Er!! No. I worked for orourkes on the stadium and was responsible for the dig between phase 1 the games and phase 2. Why are people saying the pitch couldn't be lowered???

It was lowered before. Just means a new pitch and new drainage.

TBH it makes sense to me to only expand the South Stand and add additional seats around the pitch ATM. Wouldn't that take the capacity to about 56,000, which enough, if we're being honest. That would cater for an extra 8000 City fans on top of the current capacity.

jrb said:
Count Strong said:
It doesn't look like we will be getting anymore monthly updates from Airviews. I emailed asking for Decembers pictures but was told City had put a block on new pictures, can't work that one out.

A bit sad but I really looked forward to seeing how the Campus was progressing.

We still have jrb to keep us updated, nice one.

That is really. really, disappointing.

Obviously none of us will ever find out why,

It seems to be down to BAM, as they commissioned Airviews to take the pictures. However, I can't believe the club wouldn't continue to use Airviews to keep the fans at home and abroad updated with aerial shots of the training academy site.

If is wasn't for People(fans) on here and on SSC, there wouldn't be any updates at all. For a club that prides itself on it's state of the art media department and offering, that's very poor in my opinion.

But fear not, as I'll keep on plugging away along with others, while the club itself does little or nothing to keep the fans at home and abroad updated on the developments taking place in and around the stadium.

Very few updates. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.cityfootballacademy.co.uk/gallery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cityfootballacademy.co.uk/gallery/</a> (left a comment/post on City Voice)

And now this on Airviews. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.airviews.info/mcfc_academy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.airviews.info/mcfc_academy.html</a> (moved means pictures of the bridge only)

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/t5pS9cx.jpg[/bigimg]

could it be the club have stopped airviews updates so they get maximum WOW factor upon completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.