Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
S04 said:
So basically we are expanding the stadium according to the demand there is right now..but can expand it more if we want.

Sounds sensible to me at least.
I think the waiting list is abt 5000 so as you say seems abt right to just do one end first
Planning permission last for 3 years so if the demand is strong again we can then do the pitch side seats or the other tier.

But then the stadium looks out of sync with one end of the ground being bigger, should go ahead with both north and south stands.

Moggzy said:
SiWatts90 said:
Moggzy said:
Only the south stand is getting built, with further plans to extend beyond 2016 if the demand is there. The SC waiting list and replies from fans for additional season cards (350ish) wasn't enough to convince the facilities team to do both ends at once. It will still be an awesome stadium when finished though.

Is that official mate? Just I have heard the opposite from one of the tenders just before Christmas.

All I can say is its a fact.

Not trying to be clandestine, and I wouldn't post unless I knew this to be the case. Let's say I "may" know someone (hint hint) who works for the company that won the contract.

-- Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:32 am --

richards30 said:
Moggzy said:
Only the south stand is getting built, with further plans to extend beyond 2016 if the demand is there. The SC waiting list and replies from fans for additional season cards (350ish) wasn't enough to convince the facilities team to do both ends at once. It will still be an awesome stadium when finished though.

Better let the RFU know then as they are getting ready to start selling tickets for the full 62,000 as stated on all the documents! Also it would cost more in building, planning, legal and works costs to do it in 2 stages and apart from anything else would look architecturally ridiculous! With the prices offered it has surpassed the interest they had hoped to get by a fair distance already! Both ends will get done.

Richards, do you work for the company that won the contact to build the stand????

Told you :)

Now please let me get on with the job of building our new stadium !!

Excited isn't the word :)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, or at the very least rumour or speculation, but there may well be an end in sight for ASDA.

Some early very conversations have been had, not including MCFC, on the suitability of the ASDA site for other uses.

Dont ask how I know but it came from the same route as the cyclo-cross info that also prove to b bang on the money.

fbloke said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, or at the very least rumour or speculation, but there may well be an end in sight for ASDA.

Some early very conversations have been had, not including MCFC, on the suitability of the ASDA site for other uses.

Dont ask how I know but it came from the same route as the cyclo-cross info that also prove to b bang on the money.

Perhaps that could be a suitably sized new club shop!

fbloke said:

"not including mcfc" seems to be the important bit of that paragraph.

Best outcome: non-mcfc related activity on the collar site is moved over to the ASDA site(so the athletics stadium/gym tennis courts etc) into a new non-mcfc sporting development.

Worst outcome: ASDA is turned into a shopping centre/hotel/leisure development from an outside source.

My prediction: Trinity Mirror group will build the highest scaffold tower in the world to see over the youth stadium onto the training pictures.

fbloke said:

How do you know? ;)

Any clues on what 'other uses' entails?

Manchester1894 said:
fbloke said:

Best outcome: non-mcfc related activity on the collar site is moved over to the ASDA site(so the athletics stadium/gym tennis courts etc) into a new non-mcfc sporting development.

Worst outcome: ASDA is turned into a shopping centre/hotel/leisure development from an outside source.

My prediction: Trinity Mirror group will build the highest scaffold tower in the world to see over the youth stadium onto the training pictures.
Considering that's what's rumoured for the collar site I'd find that unlikely. I like the idea of relocating the tennis courts etc. giving us more wriggle room on the collar site. This development just keeps looking bigger and bigger.

The cookie monster said:
S04 said:
So basically we are expanding the stadium according to the demand there is right now..but can expand it more if we want.

Sounds sensible to me at least.
I think the waiting list is abt 5000 so as you say seems abt right to just do one end first
Planning permission last for 3 years so if the demand is strong again we can then do the pitch side seats or the other tier.
I posted on the http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=283989&start=670 thread but I don't think they're waiting to see what sales are like, I think they're convinced (as am I) that we'll sell them regardless. It's purely for logistical purposes. Don't forget that it's not being done purely to get more fans in, the commercial and corporate side are just as important if not more so from a revenue point of view.
Build the South Stand, relocate City Square and the shop(or is that located in the bottom of the South Stand, can't find the damn planning portal now) and then do the North Stand. The extra rows I think could be added at almost any time or maybe even scrap the idea.

I'm told the South Stand will be ready for the start of the 15/16 season so maybe start the North Stand at the end of that season?

ColinLee said:
Manchester1894 said:
fbloke said:

Considering that's what's rumoured for the collar site I'd find that unlikely. I like the idea of relocating the tennis courts etc. giving us more wriggle room on the collar site. This development just keeps looking bigger and bigger.

Asda are on the site already so I don't see why any other multi national would not be eyeing up that plot of land either. We have some form of agreement with the council for the two diagonal bits of land(training ground and stadium) but I've always thought the retail park is fair game as far as competitors are concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.