Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
Marvin said:
Damocles said:
Interesting (and absolutely true) fact. If the same nuclear weapon that hit Hiroshima were detonated at Old Trafford, people stood outside the Arndale wouldn't be harmed in anyway unless the wind blew fallout in that direction
Not true

http://www.atomicarchive.com/Docs/MED/med_chp3.shtml

It is true, you're not reading what they say. Don't forget the Hiroshima bomb was a lower yield than Nagasaki, and that Old Trafford is 3.5 miles away from the Arndale.

Nearly everything was heavily damaged up to a radius of 3 miles from the blast, and beyond this distance damage, although comparatively light, extended for several more miles

The bomb at Hiroshima had damaged spread more by fire and fallout due to wind conditions rather than impact. It's why I specifically said about wind direction and specifically picked The Arndale as it was over the 3 mile distance and specifically said "people stood outside".

Have you two not realised how boring these comments are to others who are reading an interesting thread?

The Arndale is significantly inside the 12 mile radius of damage resultant from the Hiroshima blast - I'd guess you'd have damaged eardrums and cuts of varying severity from the scenario you suggest.

el bee said:
The Arndale is significantly inside the 12 mile radius of damage resultant from the Hiroshima blast - I'd guess you'd have damaged eardrums and cuts of varying severity from the scenario you suggest.

The damage radius wasn't 12 miles, it was 3 miles. Damage was seen "up to 12 miles away". Up to is not a radius in every direction, it is the maximum distance which any damage at all was felt

I'm refusing to scroll back however many pages to find out how a cracking thread on the etihad campus can possibly have turned into a discussion about the radius that the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings could kill someone if they happened in Manchester.

I'm sure there's a relevance somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.