Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
chris85mcfc said:
I've not really followed the construction of the Collar site very closely.

But am I right in thinking that this is a 'private' bridge that is only accessible by the club?

I take it its not an open bridge for people to freely walk across.

Good point chris85mcfc, I asked on Bluemoon some two weeks ago if people attending games could use it and there was a reply stating yes but I have never seen it referred to on the club site.

argyle said:
Are people on here really moaning about the bridge that is part of the new multi-million pound training complex?

It's just to cross over one road what did they expect the fucking Golden Gate bridge?

It's up for debate so people will comment. Am I particularly arsed? No.

And no I wouldn't expect the golden gate bridge although I was expecting something a bit better than what we've got

Is this bridge not being built to partly allow Alan Turing Way to remain open at the final whistle.
All fans wishing to up Ashton New Road or go onto the other side of Alan Turing Way will have to over the bridge.

Otherwise why build a bridge. The road isn't that busy outside Match days and there are proper pedestrian crossings.

kippax_blueboy said:
Is this bridge not being built to partly allow Alan Turing Way to remain open at the final whistle.
All fans wishing to up Ashton New Road or go onto the other side of Alan Turing Way will have to over the bridge.

Otherwise why build a bridge. The road isn't that busy outside Match days and there are proper pedestrian crossings.

Doubt it. People will still walk across the road anyway.
Thought the bridge was for electric vehicles and ground equipment to be taken over as well as pedestrian traffic going from the 2 parts of the complex.
Plus, it's something to show that the 2 sites are linked.

I drove past the Ground this morning and it had me thinking .. [i know ]. Just how much the whole area has changed in the last couple of decades.
I am old enough to remember the old Johnsons wire works , the derelict pit and other delapitated factory units.
Now thanks mainly to City but also the local council and the olimpic/commonwealth games commitees and many other faceless bodies, the area has completly changed for the better.
The whole world has seen the benefit Great Britain has gained from the cycle dome. We are now one of the world leaders in track cycling.
Apparently the BMX venue is heading the same way. Starting to produce world champions.
The Etihad Stadium is now producing more and more silverware. And attracting more and more world class players.
I`m sure we all agree the new Academy Campus will not only be a fantastic facility but also soon be producing world class footballers.
Added to all this you also have an indoor tennis center, an athletics stadium, a soon to be completed swimming pool, a brand new 6th form college,a rurral cycle/BMX outdoor track an outdoor drinking and entertainment area,, new infrastructure including metro link, and even a brand new bridge to link most of these fantastic facilities.

All in All not a bad improvment. :}

Roll on the next 2 decades........ I only hope i`m here to see it.

Re: Has the new bridge been installed at the ground yet?

dawlish dave said:
Ja Salford Blue said:
if so has anyone got any pictures?

I thought i read on here last week that it was being installed on Saturday night (01/03/14)?

cheers

Now that's dry humour, will take some topping this month.

If it is it´s dryer than a dead dingo´s donger

I drove under the bridge this morning and while not as 'fancy' as the one in the original drawings, it's still a decent looking bridge. At the end of the day, it's just a bridge! (The handrails appear to be city blue if that cheers any of you up!)

The whole training site has come on so much since I last saw it in person (while jrbs pictures are great, nothing beats actually seeing it in person!) it's amazing what the club are doing.

What's it going to look like at night?

Any fancy lighting or just be using the street lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.