Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
M24 Citizen said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Holcombe bloo said:
No point in an iconic bridge, nobody would come from far and wide to see the new mcfc pedestrian bridge over Turing way, however flash. They will however be drawn to the marvels either side. Money I suspect is not the issue, but still Khaldoon and co wont spend just for the hell of it.

I'd still of preferred a log flume though.

Maybe not iconic in relation to the san francisco bridge or anything but I thought they would make a decent enough one for it to be iconic in a metphorical sense ie for academy players to 'cross the bridge' and make it to the first team. But that bridge is just shit isn't it? To put it into perspective here's the one on the skyscraper thread at st helens:

Saints_Stadium-1.jpg

Far superior to the crap thing we've got. Obviously it's just a bridge and I'm not really arsed but it would have been a little extra to add to the campus if it was half decent, which it isn't

With FFP lucky it doesn't look like this instead:

dangerous-rope-bridge-1.jpg
That's what it'll look like in a decade when the oil runs out.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Holcombe bloo said:
80s Shorts said:
Yeah I know.

Its all the hype on here and the stuff in the planning app "iconic" etc etc.

I was expecting something spectacular. Maybe the purse strings are being tightened somewhat.

No point in an iconic bridge, nobody would come from far and wide to see the new mcfc pedestrian bridge over Turing way, however flash. They will however be drawn to the marvels either side. Money I suspect is not the issue, but still Khaldoon and co wont spend just for the hell of it.

Maybe not iconic in relation to the san francisco bridge or anything but I thought they would make a decent enough one for it to be iconic in a metphorical sense ie for academy players to 'cross the bridge' and make it to the first team. But that bridge is just shit isn't it? To put it into perspective here's the one on the skyscraper thread at st helens:

Saints_Stadium-1.jpg

Far superior to the crap thing we've got. Obviously it's just a bridge and I'm not really arsed but it would have been a little extra to add to the campus if it was half decent, which it isn't

TBH it's the same bridge, but with a Curly Wurly add-on.

The same could be said about Wembley.

Take away the arch and Wembley is a major let down.

In total it cost nearly £1 billion!(and we're paying for it)

TheStadium_Arial.ashx

Once the training academy is built, along with the expanded South Stand, and the leisure destination on the Collar site, you/People won't even notice the bridge.

At the moment it's new and in isolation, and it stands out. Give it time and it will just blend in with everything else built. ;-)

cleavers said:
City have come a long long way, we've always been good at moaning about all things city, but moaning about a bridge shows just how far we've come.

Its a bridge, it will save time crossing a busy crossroad, that's all.

its gonna at least be better than the last Bridge we had to moan about (Wayne)

M24 Citizen said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Holcombe bloo said:

Saints_Stadium-1.jpg

Now your talking! The Etihad adventure Bridge experience

M24 Citizen said:

How did you get a picture from the secret united bridge project ?<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:53 pm --<br /><br />
BringBackSwales said:
cleavers said:
City have come a long long way, we've always been good at moaning about all things city, but moaning about a bridge shows just how far we've come.

its gonna at least be better than the last Bridge we had to moan about (Wayne)
Indeed, now that one was shit, and worth a moan.

cleavers said:

It would be interesting to know, but has any other professional football club built a bridge across a public highway, anywhere in the World ever?

Those bridges like the one in St Helens are a some a dozen. While not iconic, there is something to admire about the reserved, understated, all about business feel to the look of the bridge and the campus.

Are people on here really moaning about the bridge that is part of the new multi-million pound training complex?

It's just to cross over one road what did they expect the fucking Golden Gate bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.