Etihad deal to be increased to £55m/ Year

Wow twitter will be going on server overload with rival fans venting at this deal bitter wankers

2gt7kft.jpg

I'm sure some rival fans will be apoplectic at what they lazily call "financial doping", but they'd be wrong. Given what our deal with Etihad actually incorporates, it'd be entirely in keeping with recent deals announced by other clubs, assuming the report is true of course.

We may not have the same global appeal as the old top four yet, but we've been one of the most dominant forces in the biggest league in the world over the last 4/5 years. It always seemed likely that our owners would've had the foresight to have a renegotiation clause in the original Etihad deal, given the length of the deal and their plans for the club. £40m a year seemed a great deal at the time, but much has changed since then.

Ric said:
I'm sure some rival fans will be apoplectic at what they lazily call "financial doping", but they'd be wrong. Given what our deal with Etihad actually incorporates, it'd be entirely in keeping with recent deals announced by other clubs, assuming the report is true of course.

We may not have the same global appeal as the old top four yet, but we've been one of the most dominant forces in the biggest league in the world over the last 4/5 years. It always seemed likely that our owners would've had the foresight to have a renegotiation clause in the original Etihad deal, given the length of the deal and their plans for the club. £40m a year seemed a great deal at the time, but much has changed since then.

You just wait till the talkshite boys get wind of this deal..........it's gonna be called a lot worse than "financial doping".
I bet they are chomping at the bit.

The only disgrace here is a rule that stops a wealthy owner putting his money into whatever he wants. If you make up a rule to protect a cartel of clubs, then you should expect our owners to come up with a way of getting round it. It's his money just a long way round of getting it there....deal with it

I'm quite looking forward to Sunday Supplement

Probably won't even mention it.

Is the deal with Manchester City or CFG.

For instance if Etihad have our stadium name, and our shirts, as well as NYCFC, and Melbourne, can the group not apportion the income appropriately.... and who can argue ?

MrE said:
Is the deal with Manchester City or CFG.

For instance if Etihad have our stadium name, and our shirts, as well as NYCFC, and Melbourne, can the group not apportion the income appropriately.... and who can argue ?

I assumed Mullock's article just referred to our own deal with Etihad. If not, a 98% split in our favour, with 1% going to New York and 1% to Melbourne seems fair and reasonable to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.