Etihad sponsorship

Or do we just renew with Etihad? if yes they would still need to improve the rate given the status of City were growing a lot since we last signed the deal for shirt sponsor, stadium naming deal.
I've heard it's going up from £8 million a year to £10 million.

I’m not usually ITK but I’ve been told the Etihad deal with be increased to £250 million per season.

Announcement is expected at 9:31am on Monday 13th July.

This is why i dont like that our Stadium is called 'the Etihad', itll have to change with the new sponsor, and keep changing.

Do you actually call it that between your friends and yourself?

I don't really refer to it at all not like Maine Rd usually just saying we are at home this week or whatever, used to use Easlands a lot more a few years ago but a few people use COMS.

You're right though it does take a little something away from a ground when you are renaming it every different sponsor.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Maybe I misunderstood you; I didn't realise you were referring to the stadium, rather than the company. And actually, it does have a nice ring to it. Better than "The Apple" anyway!
I thought you were all taking about the rainforest!

Do you actually call it that between your friends and yourself?

I don't really refer to it at all not like Maine Rd usually just saying we are at home this week or whatever, used to use Easlands a lot more a few years ago but a few people use COMS.

You're right though it does take a little something away from a ground when you are renaming it every different sponsor.
No, I’ve never heard anyone call it “The Etihad” outside the media.

If someone asked me or the people I know; “where are you playing Bournemouth next week?”
Our reply would be; “at home”.

If we were on our way to the match and someone asked us; “where are you going?”
We’d reply with; “City”.

I don’t think I’ve ever called it The Etihad, The City of Manchester Stadium, the CoMS (although that’s what I used to type it as on here), Eastlands, or Sports City.

adnoc_logo.jpg

New sponsor and watch the piss boil. Etihad renamed The Oil Rig.

:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.