Etihad sponsorship

Every airline is in the shit even Emirates Etihad were at the start of a recovery plan which before CV19 was showing dividends, very much doubt that UAE will allow Etihad to go bust with the resources they have as to being swallowed by Emirates I don’t see how that would help either airline now
Having two airlines competing for the same business a few miles apart (Dubai/Abu Dhabi) is crazy, Etihad will never get anywhere near the level of Emirates and that was before the Covid situation.
It will only be a question of time before the two merge.

Having two airlines competing for the same business a few miles apart (Dubai/Abu Dhabi) is crazy, Etihad will never get anywhere near the level of Emirates and that was before the Covid situation.
It will only be a question of time before the two merge.

I think you have to keep in mind that Etihad is owned by the Abu Dhabi Ruling family and Emirates are owned by the Dubai Ruling family. As such the idea that they will just merge has a lot of ifs and buts. It also notable that Sharjah has an airline (Sharjah Airport is a lot closer to DXB than Abu Dhabi is).

Etihad are no doubt in trouble but this is more due to their investments in other airlines such as Air Berlin, Jet Airways, Air Italia which have all basically gone bust. They are (or where) on a recovery plan whether that will involve continuing to support City isn't clear to me. I'm pretty sure they will continue to sponsor us.

The concept that the Abu Dhabi Government will allow a merger doesnt work with me - even when they complete the mega airport between Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

Note is Abu Dhabi that has all the money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.