Etihad Stadium increase??

Thomas Woodworth said:
The reason for me saying this is that yes we have filled out for all our Prem games but I stood there for us against Birmingham with only half the ground full ^^ so until we are filling every game and I mean every game Carling cup included then I cannot see them extending in all honesty.

We'll be waiting forever then, no club with a big stadium sells out their Carling Cup games.

United vs. Wolves - 30,000 empty seats last year for example.

I think the club should extend the stadium, if we fall down on ticket sales at home its the general ticket sales or for blue card owners etc.. if we had more season ticket allocations which most probably will happen if the stadium is extended, the seats will soon fill up. Wont happen until we win the Premier League though! Brings all the plastics in i suppose, but if it fills seats then so be it! would love a 60,000 capacity atmosphere!!

atmosphere?

Numbers doesn't equal atmosphere.... Have a look in Trafford for example.

Safe Standing will however improve atmosphere (fans will be able to stand next to friends

there is no doubt that attendances are improving

I saw disappointed Blues trying, and failing to buy tickets against Everton. In recent seasons the North Stand had loads of scousers in it cos there were spare seats in there for them to buy

Not this time

Wigan....sold out!

44K for a group stage game in Europe. Decent.

Carling cup - no-one sells that out and our attendance compared to Fulham two seasons previous was up 6K

Look how the rags crowds increased with success

It will come

Stevie B said:
atmosphere?

Numbers doesn't equal atmosphere.... Have a look in Trafford for example.

Safe Standing will however improve atmosphere (fans will be able to stand next to friends

I suppose you are correct mate, i do like what City are doing in the next CL game at home with moving the away fans to the upper tears of the east stand, or is it colin bell stand?? forgot.
If City could have the whole of the south stand so it would be like today away to Blackburn that would be great and an atmosphere increase!

LoveCity said:
Thomas Woodworth said:
The reason for me saying this is that yes we have filled out for all our Prem games but I stood there for us against Birmingham with only half the ground full ^^ so until we are filling every game and I mean every game Carling cup included then I cannot see them extending in all honesty.

We'll be waiting forever then, no club with a big stadium sells out their Carling Cup games.

then that would make 46,000 and as good as fill our ground ^^ then we would have a need to extend it, you do get my point though? that its something we have to do but not just yet.

Thomas Woodworth said:
LoveCity said:
Thomas Woodworth said:

then that would make 46,000 and as good as fill our ground ^^ then we would have a need to extend it, you do get my point though? that its something we have to do but not just yet.

Chelsea had thousands of empty seats, so did Arsenal - unless you have a 25,000 seater you won't be filling games for the Carling Cup 3rd round.

goatinho said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
no company in their right minds would claim a sell out, if they hadn't what the hell would be the point????? As for the CL remember there is a reduction in seats for that(I believe it goes down to 45k).
i dont know mate , i really dont but why is there big groups of seats empty?
we all love city and would love it to be filled week in week out but for some reason it isnt and im not having that blocks of 15-20 people are not turning up/returning there tickets up in the 3rd tier.
I am a season-ticket holder but I'am working abroad right now... So I can't show up and I know some friends whom can't show up every week for various reasons.

They will expand the stadium eventually IMO as demand requires.

It's important to remember the stadium was not designed with expansion in mind. It was never considered we would need a bigger stadium or to be able to afford to expand it. Due to the design of the stadium and the roof in particular it's not going to be cheap to expand capacity.

Considering the revenue extra seats would generate and the relative cost of extending the stadium the financials are shaky. but it's obviously not about profit and return on investment for city. We wouldn't be spending 100 million plus on a training complex if it was.

I have a feeling if they do expand the stadium they will want more than 60, 000 seats. That's not much of an uplift in capacity or enough for us to compete with the biggest European sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.