Etihad Stadium increase??

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988%E2%80%9389_Manchester_United_F.C._season" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988%E2%80 ... .C._season</a> Interesting to see that there were on average, 17000 empty seats at the theatre of screams in the season 88-89.( 38k average attendance with a 55k capacity). At that time, Ferguson (who was 47 yrs old at the time)was in his third season in charge and hadn't won anything. Roberto (46yrs old) is also in his 3rd season and already delivered a trophy . We are pretty much selling out for all our league games and i can only see that continuing. So to plan ahead for an increased capacity, right now, would be a pretty sensible thing to do in my opinion. United's av attendance has increased by around 37k in 20yrs. With Sheikh Mansour's wealth and future plans for City, i'm pretty confident that a much quicker increase in average attendances can be achieved.

A feasability study has been conducted which indicates that capacity can be increased to around 62000 if the third tier was to be continued at each end.
I understand that is as far as the club have gone, why? because we have not got to a point where demand for tickets outnumbers current seats to the point where more seats are needed. So, if you would like to see capacity increased get your mates to put their backsides on seats every week.......

goatinho said:
BigBlueNick said:
Garry.Cook said:
Based on what? Unless i'm mistaken we've had empty seats at most games this season including our CL debut against Napoli.

Excluding season t icket holders who have not turned up, i believe we have sold-out the home allocation of tickets at most league games??!!
"most"? we have only had 3 and havent sold out once!
I'm embarrassed for you fella

Stretford Born Blue said:
because we have not got to a point where demand for tickets outnumbers current seats to the point where more seats are needed.

We pretty much have as far as league games go - but what is their requirement for expanding the stadium? All league games + all Champions League games sold out? Someone said they wouldn't expand till we sell out every game but I'm sorry no club with a big stadium is going to sell out a Carling Cup 3rd round game unless of a freak draw (ie. City vs. United).

chinley blues said:
RandomJ said:
We'll never fill 60k a week, sorry we just won't so pointless to extend.

make the ticket prices cheaper and you will fill a stadium, lets say our tickets on average are £28, times that by 48,000 = £1,344,000 a game, now have a stadium of say 80,000 at a
average of £18, that's £1,440,000 a game plus all the extras such as shirt sales, food and drink.
i'm sure germany has cheap prices and have very good attendances

You do have a very good point but the issue is that we are already one of the cheapest in the league... I heard mercer saying on sky the other day that arsenal fans are paying £80 a ticket and from what I have heard spurs etc season tickets are all well over £1k.. so is it practical? well it is and it isn't

Thomas Woodworth said:
apparently really reading into things not only is 3 tiers a possibility but the club can do 4 tiers all the way round, In all honesty I think we are 2-3 years off making the stadium 60,000 with the 3 tiers and if what I have heard to be true even longer for the 4 tiers to make it 80,000.

The reason for me saying this is that yes we have filled out for all our Prem games but I stood there for us against Birmingham with only half the ground full ^^ so until we are filling every game and I mean every game Carling cup included then I cannot see them extending in all honesty.
Baffled at your logic. No club ever sells out their Carling Cup tickets anyway. United have to bundle it with the season tickets to get 40k+ at those matches unlike City.

sniff said:
chinley blues said:
RandomJ said:
We'll never fill 60k a week, sorry we just won't so pointless to extend.

make the ticket prices cheaper and you will fill a stadium, lets say our tickets on average are £28, times that by 48,000 = £1,344,000 a game, now have a stadium of say 80,000 at a
average of £18, that's £1,440,000 a game plus all the extras such as shirt sales, food and drink.
i'm sure germany has cheap prices and have very good attendances

The exra £100k wouldnt even cover the extra steward or police cost's.

Germany have a great set up, but they are not expected to pay for the police in the same way we do.

Their would be easier ways to bring in an extra two million a year without the need to spend 10s of millions to build it.

my point was how to fill a stadium, not to make more money.
sustained success,great facilities and cheep ticket prices= full stadium

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.