Eto'o bad news update

red 2 hats said:
Move on from Eto'o, doesn't 100% want to be here, get players who WANT to be here for the right reasons, not just the £ signs.
It's all about Eto'o saving face, what about us.

Danny Mills WANTS to be here

the trouble is hes shit

the best players arent going to be clamouring to join us - we got Robbie because we took advantage of his situation - we are not a destination club for the best players in the world (yet)

I cant see Lionel Messi saying "its always been my dream to play for city"

we need to be smart and flex our financial muscles and get the players who can make us that legend so that eventually all players WANT to play for us.

Barca do not want to pay him his loyalty bonus, and they obviously don't want him on their books next season, or they wouldn't have let his contract run down, he has to say he wants to stay, he wants to play for them or else they have a get out, and won't pay up. So, to make things interesting and to force Eto'os hand they go and offer him a shite contract they know he can't sign, or will he? I doubt it very much, he will be a blue very soon.

twinkletoes said:
Neil McNab said:
Eto'o has said for a long time he wants to stay at Barca and doesn't want to come here, it doesn't matter what the clubs want he doesn't want the move. I read that as coming from Eto'o himself ages ago so it's been another fantassy Island job all along, still find it funny how so many fans get worked up in a frenzy over the improbable!

“Life is just a series of peaks and troughs. And you don’t know whether you’re in a trough until you’re climbing out, or on a peak until you’re coming down. And that’s it you know, you never know what’s round the corner. But it’s all good. ‘If you want the rainbow, you’ve gotta put up with the rain.’ Do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she’s just a big pair of tits.”

pmsl, i dunno why but thats a quality post.

Neil McNab said:
PabZab said:
Neil McNab said:
Eto'o has said for a long time he wants to stay at Barca and doesn't want to come here, it doesn't matter what the clubs want he doesn't want the move. I read that as coming from Eto'o himself ages ago so it's been another fantassy Island job all along, still find it funny how so many fans get worked up in a frenzy over the improbable!

If you think hes staying at Barca I'd go make a bet if I were you.
So promising to eat my own poo on youtube if he signs isn't enough for you lol!

No do it on the town hall steps and we can get a camera crew there, god i hope he signs

Barry Conlons wig said:
Neil McNab said:
PabZab said:
Neil McNab said:

If you think hes staying at Barca I'd go make a bet if I were you.
So promising to eat my own poo on youtube if he signs isn't enough for you lol!

No do it on the town hall steps and we can get a camera crew there, god i hope he signs

YOU SICK BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kinkyisgod said:
red 2 hats said:
Move on from Eto'o, doesn't 100% want to be here, get players who WANT to be here for the right reasons, not just the £ signs.

the trouble is hes shit

the best players arent going to be clamouring to join us - we got Robbie because we took advantage of his situation - we are not a destination club for the best players in the world (yet)

we need to be smart and flex our financial muscles and get the players who can make us that legend so that eventually all players WANT to play for us.

Totally agree with this. The sooner people stop with the "If they don't want to join us out of passion for our club then F*ck em" nonsense the better. We finished 10th, we're not in the Europa or Champions League, we can't guarantee we'll be there after next season either BUT we CAN guarantee exceptionally good money to play for us, better than probably any other club in the world. It's called a bargaining chip ... and like it or not it's the only one we have to attract the best players to City .... and it's a chip we can use very profitably if we do it properly so that in the next few years the top players will actually want to join for more than a fantastic salary ... they'll want to join a fantastic team.

Assuming the fees are agreed between Us and Barca and us and Sam there are 5 scenarios

1) Take the City deal
2) Take the new Barca offer, extended contract
3) Sit it out with his one year left
4) Play hard ball with Barca and insist on the loyalty bonus and then take the City offer
5) Wait for other offers, if there were any then he would surely know already

The problems with option 3;

For Eto'o is that if Barca let him rot then his value becomes less and he is in danger of suffering a serious injury ( already had one) and then finding himself with no contract as the Barca one expires I don't think he will risk that Also with cock-up his African Cup

For Barca is that they have to pay the loyalty bonus and his wages total of circa 20M so net loss 20M and have a pissed off player no good for moral

In the end he will get his way maybe not the full bonus and it will be spread One compromise is for all there side to take a 4.33M hit and then all loose and all win

If option 4 occurs Barca will be 5M better off than option 3

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
kinkyisgod said:
red 2 hats said:

the trouble is hes shit

Totally agree with this. The sooner people stop with the "If they don't want to join us out of passion for our club then F*ck em" nonsense the better. We finished 10th, we're not in the Europa or Champions League, we can't guarantee we'll be there after next season either BUT we CAN guarantee exceptionally good money to play for us, better than probably any other club in the world. It's called a bargaining chip ... and like it or not it's the only one we have to attract the best players to City .... and it's a chip we can use very profitably if we do it properly so that in the next few years the top players will actually want to join for more than a fantastic salary ... they'll want to join a fantastic team.

The only things we can offer are

First team football
Money
The "Project"

I love City - im a dyed in the wool blue - but to the outside world our pedigree is not what it was in the late 60-'s
I would love to be purist and say lets only buy the best players who are gagging to play for City but im also a realist and at the moment snagging the odd galactico by whatever mean is where we are. Robbie did not sign for city and not just for the money - he signed to get away from Real where he was unhappy and we offered him a lifeline - now he is ours (for now) if we need to do the same with Eto'o thats fine by me. However we get him i'll take him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.