Eto'o bad news update

kramer said:
Assuming the fees are agreed between Us and Barca and us and Sam there are 5 scenarios

1) Take the City deal
2) Take the new Barca offer, extended contract
3) Sit it out with his one year left
4) Play hard ball with Barca and insist on the loyalty bonus and then take the City offer
5) Wait for other offers, if there were any then he would surely know already

The problems with option 3;

For Eto'o is that if Barca let him rot then his value becomes less and he is in danger of suffering a serious injury ( already had one) and then finding himself with no contract as the Barca one expires I don't think he will risk that Also with cock-up his African Cup

For Barca is that they have to pay the loyalty bonus and his wages total of circa 20M so net loss 20M and have a pissed off player no good for moral

In the end he will get his way maybe not the full bonus and it will be spread One compromise is for all there side to take a 4.33M hit and then all loose and all win

If option 4 occurs Barca will be 5M better off than option 3

Do they have to pay his loyalty bonus if he stays - I thought it was only payable if they sold him when he didn't want to go? But even if they don't have to pay him it if he stays they will still have a hefty wage bill (c£7m?) and a disgruntled player?

bluejue said:
Do they have to pay his loyalty bonus if he stays - I thought it was only payable if they sold him when he didn't want to go? But even if they don't have to pay him it if he stays they will still have a hefty wage bill (c£7m?) and a disgruntled player?

They pay it now or in 12 months

johnmc said:
bluejue said:

So they pay it if they sell him part way through his contract or as a reward for his loyalty at the end of his contract? Does that mean he can walk away on a free in 12 months and they still have to pay him the loyalty bonus - if that is the case they must be madmen pissing about now?

bluejue said:
johnmc said:
bluejue said:

So they pay it if they sell him part way through his contract or as a reward for his loyalty at the end of his contract? Does that mean he can walk away on a free in 12 months and they still have to pay him the loyalty bonus - if that is the case they must be madmen pissing about now?

Yep, they pay it because he has seen out his contract. The reason for the loyalty bonus is to stop the player asking to leave, so if he fulfills his contract then he gets his bonus or if the club sells him then he gets his bonus. Another thing it maybe even more if he stays to the completion as sometimes the bonus is staggered over the term This is why he won't ask for a transfer and why Barca have now offered him an extension hence the stale mate
inpass

kramer said:
bluejue said:
johnmc said:
bluejue said:

Yep, they pay it because he has seen out his contract. The reason for the loyalty bonus is to stop the player asking to leave, so if he fulfills his contract then he gets his bonus or if the club sells him then he gets his bonus. Another thing it maybe even more if he stays to the completion as sometimes the bonus is staggered over the term This is why he won't ask for a transfer and why Barca have now offered him an extension hence the stale mate
inpass

And, of course, the new contract doesn't include a loyalty bonus? I think I might just be catching up on this element of the story - lol!

Neil McNab said:
Eto'o has said for a long time he wants to stay at Barca and doesn't want to come here, it doesn't matter what the clubs want he doesn't want the move. I read that as coming from Eto'o himself ages ago so it's been another fantassy Island job all along, still find it funny how so many fans get worked up in a frenzy over the improbable!

From his agent today:

"In theory he wanted to play in the Champions League, but if Manchester City have an offer accepted, we would be delighted to go there,"

Kind of s**ts all over your theory doesn't it. This is all media grandstanding in the end - club trying to not look like they want to sell... Eto'o trying not to look like a merc by claiming he is being squeezed out.

Judgeing by what spursmad says and what the agent has said i expect the transfer to go through with eto'o saying that he left to play for city after being forced out by barca. I just think if he wasnt coming to play for us then he wouldnt of said he would be "delighted" to join us. Its got to a point now where could he really go back to play for barca after all this?

I have a good feeling about this one guys!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.