Eto'o bad news update

If this is the case, or something similar i'm sure City will be very quick to come out and say they have terminated talks themselves and why.

Weather Milan were telling the truth or not with the Kaka deal - they came out with it first and it just sounded like we were trying to blame them..

Weather we get him or not, i doubt the lads working on this deal will be made to look like fools.

blueinsa said:
shambo said:
Ok, someone explain this to me.

Why is Eto'o's (Jesus, too many apostrophes) agent calling this conference for tomorrow?Why not now?If he has earth shattering news would he not just give a press conference now, I mean how long does it take to ge a few journos in a room in a hotel?

Could it be that it is his way of giving an ultiumatum to Barca?Sort it now or I will call a press conference tomorrow to say teh deal is off.

My view is that this is all part of the game to get as much loot as possible for his client, a game of bluff and counter bluff.

Never mind what BAllague is saying, he is just rehashing what Sport.es and mundo deportivo are saying.

Bang on imo!

Absolutely. It also fits with this 'July 1st' idea that now is crunch time in eto's dealings with Barca. They seem to want this 'loyalty bonus' because Barca want him to leave. City should just give Barca the money to pass on to him to move it through.

Eto is a prickly f*cker with the dollars and has a mamouth project in Cameroon that i guess he will pump shead loads back into his country. He must be a friggin hero over there, he probably buzzes out of pulling as much beans out of the western world as possible and regenerating it back into where needs it most... fair play to him, Football clubs and theitr owners do have obsence amounts of money compared to the grand scale of tingz...

- Barca want the transfer fee
- Eto'o wants money
- We have a lot of money

It looks like we are holding all the cards ultimately.

shambo said:
Ok, someone explain this to me.

Why is Eto'o's (Jesus, too many apostrophes) agent calling this conference for tomorrow?Why not now?If he has earth shattering news would he not just give a press conference now, I mean how long does it take to ge a few journos in a room in a hotel?

Could it be that it is his way of giving an ultiumatum to Barca?Sort it now or I will call a press conference tomorrow to say teh deal is off.

My view is that this is all part of the game to get as much loot as possible for his client, a game of bluff and counter bluff.

Never mind what BAllague is saying, he is just rehashing what Sport.es and mundo deportivo are saying.

A good interpretation of things.

It's an undisguised threat to Barca to get busy - but there are a couple of people at City who think they could even be orchestrating this together.
'Oh City have the cash, they are now in the full glare and can pay it' etc.

Worst case scenario for Barca is they get to keep a world-class striker, we just left with egg on face.

All part of the mind games being played by agent's, players and clubs.

I would love Eto'o at City, but not at any price, they are trying to make us look like cocks, pull out now Cookie, tell the greedy fucklers, they've had their chance to join the fastest growing club in the world and they've missed the boat.

Barca surely would take the £25 million now rather than let him leave for nought next year, plus another years salary, Eto'o great player that he is, may not be in contention for the kind of salary that we are offering now in a years time, better, hungrier players come through all the time, pull out now, let them come begging to us, then offer him £100k a week plus £15 million transfer fee, and in the words of Ray Winstone in Scum, tell them you had to fuclin beg me, time to play hard ball.

All City/G.Cook can do is offer these players what we think is a good/fair deal and sit back, if they accept it then good and if they don't then thats tough. But you can't blame City for trying, all you can hope is that these teams such as Barca (laporta and Belosconi types) will have the professionalism to keep shut and not turn it into a circus.

I still think the Eto'o deal is still on, but if it's not then we should stay away from the likes of these McDonald type clubs/players and concentrate on the next super stars and build from there. Garry Cook is doing all we can ask of him and we should stick with him.

We are very lucky supporters and don't forget that, we will get where we won't to go.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
BillyShears said:
BREAKING NEWS>>>>>>>>>>

MY SAUCE SAYS>>>>>>>>>>CHILL>>>>>>>>

HE THINKS IT WILL GET DONE>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fancy a ruck Billy, get peoples mind off it?
I'll start

PRICK

fuck off zin you're a class a nob jockey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.