Eto'o for City as Hughes closes in on sensational £20m coup

Re: Eto'o for City as Hughes closes in on sensational £20m coup

staffs_blue said:
I think the meeting between Laporta and Cook a few weeks ago to 'build relations' was about Eto'o.

I think Barcelona want David Villa,but he will cost £40m-£45m,and they know we are interested in both Villa and Eto'o.

Villa would prefer to stay in Spain so they have struck a deal where we get a free run at Eto'o and leave Barcelona a free run at David Villa.

You might not be a million miles away with this mate. Thought it myself at the time.

Tevez, Eto'o and Robinho! Bring it on

jonesy65 said:
staffs_blue said:
I think the meeting between Laporta and Cook a few weeks ago to 'build relations' was about Eto'o.

I think Barcelona want David Villa,but he will cost £40m-£45m,and they know we are interested in both Villa and Eto'o.

Villa would prefer to stay in Spain so they have struck a deal where we get a free run at Eto'o and leave Barcelona a free run at David Villa.

Is it against the rules? because if not, deals could be done where adug finance Barca's deal in return for their compliance in other deals that would benefit us.

I doubt any money has changed hands,more like a gentlemans agreement.

staffs_blue said:

That could be quite possible, considering it was a few weeks before the end of season and champions league final, so they covered it up with the 'building relations' bollocks.

Or I could just be clutching at straws ;-p.

Jay-Mcfc said:
staffs_blue said:

That could be quite possible, considering it was a few weeks before the end of season and champions league final, so they covered it up with the 'building relations' bollocks.

Why would Laporta meet up with City to "Build Relations" when the Champions League final was less than a week away. Surely that could have waiting until after then... Unless, it was something important. Such as City signing Eto'o. You can also see why they would cover such a thing up with the player just about to play in a Champions League final. Hopefully he is on his way :).

Blue Coop said:
Jay-Mcfc said:
staffs_blue said:

Why would Laporta meet up with City to "Build Relations" when the Champions League final was less than a week away. Surely that could have waiting until after then... Unless, it was something important. Such as City signing Eto'o. You can also see why they would cover such a thing up with the player just about to play in a Champions League final. Hopefully he is on his way :).

And one of the things that has had me wondering was why would Laporte make the travel to London and not us going to Barcelona, a real gesture by them which only means they wanted something from us.

Guillem Ballague ( I know not the most reliable) stated earlier on ssn that Real Madrid president Perez will launch a bid 4 David Villa early next week tuesday-ish after confirming the kaka deal. As stated Balague isnt always right but i'm sure he is very close to villa so must know summat plus kaka n villa wanna play together, this imo blows the villa to barca eto to us out the water.

Anyone got link to bets on tfrs on skybet

The Fixer said:
Think the betting goes down at nite mate, it was about 7 when i last looked.
Cool, thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.