EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what about the millions of pounds being spent by the Sun, Times, Telegraph, Mail and Express to spread misinformation? Probably much more than £9.3m. If I was swimming against that shit tide, I want to put out something to counter it.

The millions of pounds spent by those papers is not public money. Nobody has kicked off at the Guardian, for example, for writing in defence of the EU.

But when the government are using my taxes to tell me how they think I should vote in, what they claimed was, a fair, unbiased referendum, I get a bit cheesed off.

The millions of pounds spent by those papers is not public money. Nobody has kicked off at the Guardian, for example, for writing in defence of the EU.

But when the government are using my taxes to tell me how they think I should vote in, what they claimed was, a fair, unbiased referendum, I get a bit cheesed off.

Are you aware how much £9.3m is in the context of all of public expenditure?

We should be commending Whitehall for designing, producing and distributing a document that will cost approx 15p/head!

Are you aware how much £9.3m is in the context of all of public expenditure?

We should be commending Whitehall for designing, producing and distributing a document that will cost approx 15p/head!

Of course I'm aware but that's not the point is it?
  • The government work for me, not I for them. I resent them charging me to tell me what to do - I should be telling them what to do as that's how it works.
  • The In campaign has had an unfair advantage in effectively having its campaign being run for an additional week whilst Out are barred from campaigning.
  • It's also unfair that this In document be dressed up as an impartial fact sheet when it contains no facts.
  • It's unfair that the In campaign has now had 230% of the budget that the Out campaign will get.
Although there is an argument that when the government are slashing public services here there and everywhere, that £9m could have been better spent. It's like burning a fiver in front of a homeless person - not that much in the grand scheme of things, just a bit sick.

Cfb62uNW8AATNSx.jpg

Of course I'm aware but that's not the point is it?
  • The government work for me, not I for them. I resent them charging me to tell me what to do - I should be telling them what to do as that's how it works.
  • The In campaign has had an unfair advantage in effectively having its campaign being run for an additional week whilst Out are barred from campaigning.
  • It's also unfair that this In document be dressed up as an impartial fact sheet when it contains no facts.
  • It's unfair that the In campaign has now had 230% of the budget that the Out campaign will get.
Although there is an argument that when the government are slashing public services here there and everywhere, that £9m could have been better spent. It's like burning a fiver in front of a homeless person - not that much in the grand scheme of things, just a bit sick.

I don't see how the government is telling you what to do. They are not handcuffing you and dragging you to the polling station to get you to vote remain! First you read the leaflet and then if you've got any brains in your head you do a bit of research and fact checking.

This whole referendum is unfair! I certainly feel that way. I mean I don't find it fair that I have to see Nigel Farage, Michael Gove and Boris Johnson on my TV seemingly every 5 minutes talking nonsense. I also don't think it's fair that the spearhead of the campaign I support happens to be one of the most loathsome PM/Chancellor duos in the history of politics.

As for £9m as whether it could be better spent, that depends on your point of view. If that £9m saves us many times that amount by keeping us in the EU then I wouldn't call that a waste of money.

This goes so far beyond bias as to raise serious questions in anyone who is genuinely undecided, this is not the "Government" who are made up of many who want out, but a small inner circle of prominent "Stay in" politicians, run any of their names in a search for connections to Goldman Sachs and you will see a very disturbing pattern ( Do the same with the EU bigwigs if you want to see a fuller picture).

Nor is it just on the visible campaign, anyone who thinks the BBC is unbiased as it should be, ask yourself why there has been NO coverage of any kind on the Dutch telling the EU to f*ck its self, you could just put it down to the 3 billion in funding it received from the EU (Against its charter), or compare how the stories they do show are spun rather than factual.

I don't see how the government is telling you what to do. They are not handcuffing you and dragging you to the polling station to get you to vote remain! First you read the leaflet and then if you've got any brains in your head you do a bit of research and fact checking.

This whole referendum is unfair! I certainly feel that way. I mean I don't find it fair that I have to see Nigel Farage, Michael Gove and Boris Johnson on my TV seemingly every 5 minutes talking nonsense. I also don't think it's fair that the spearhead of the campaign I support happens to be one of the most loathsome PM/Chancellor duos in the history of politics.

As for £9m as whether it could be better spent, that depends on your point of view. If that £9m saves us many times that amount by keeping us in the EU then I wouldn't call that a waste of money.

They are suggesting what I do by presenting the case of staying in the EU in a biased manner. Yes, people should do their own research but many won't.

Tough cookies. A majority of voters at the last GE voted for a referendum so a referendum we shall have. It's obviously a huge issue so it gets airtime, as do the people who are passionate about either cause. I'm sorry that you don't like their faces but I find that incredibly trivial in the face of a democratic decision.

And what if we'd save more by not being in the EU? The In campaign are awfully fond of presenting their opinions as facts and by your comment, it seems endemic.

This goes so far beyond bias as to raise serious questions in anyone who is genuinely undecided, this is not the "Government" who are made up of many who want out, but a small inner circle of prominent "Stay in" politicians, run any of their names in a search for connections to Goldman Sachs and you will see a very disturbing pattern ( Do the same with the EU bigwigs if you want to see a fuller picture).

Nor is it just on the visible campaign, anyone who thinks the BBC is unbiased as it should be, ask yourself why there has been NO coverage of any kind on the Dutch telling the EU to f*ck its self, you could just put it down to the 3 billion in funding it received from the EU (Against its charter), or compare how the stories they do show are spun rather than factual.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...U-the-vampire-squid-commands-you-to-stay.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.