Eu workers over British.

I think the answer is that your firm is looking to hire the best people it can and it would appear the best people in the view of your managers are not English. I have a friend who hires and fires retail staff and he takes on a significant number of Europeans, all things being equal he would take on English staff however the European candidates are generally better presented and have a markedly better attitude and work ethic.

But that's discrimination!.

If they do more OT how would the hiring guys know that at the application stage? Are they thinking 'oh look a Pole, let's take him because they're all hard workers' because to me that would be dodgy ground ie not hiring the Brit because 'they're lazier'.
Exactly that!. I wouldn't say they're harder workers but would appear so as they'll do the ot when British workers are more reluctant.

while ago now but when I worked in the 'unskilled' labour market, there were a few Polish worked alongside the British and they definitely worked harder than us indigenous.

General consensus was we didn't like them as they made us look shit

No its not – it’s the opposite of discrimination. Hiring English workers because they are English over better suited/qualified European workers is discrimination!
Taking on someone who is Polish because they're more likely to do ot is discrimination. They're not even giving the English worker a chance!.

while ago now but when I worked in the 'unskilled' labour market, there were a few Polish worked alongside the British and they definitely worked harder than us indigenous.

General consensus was we didn't like them as they made us look shit

But you can't work like that. A company couldn't turn around and say "don't take any Indian people on, we had a few before and they're lazy". You'd get fookin lynched!.

But you can't work like that. A company couldn't turn around and say "don't take any Indian people on, we had a few before and they're lazy". You'd get fookin lynched!.
It is also, frankly, bullshit. There are lazy people and good workers everywhere, to categorise by nationality is ludicrous.

Taking on someone who is Polish because they're more likely to do ot is discrimination. They're not even giving the English worker a chance!.

I didn’t say anything about OT – I said that generally they are better presented and have a markedly better attitude and work ethic. That is a perfectly valid reason to give somebody a job!

... however the European candidates are generally better presented and have a markedly better attitude and work ethic.

How do you know someone has a better work ethic until they're in the role? I can understand the interview may show up differences in presentation and attitude, but local people should be given a chance at least.

One of the reasons I am voting out of the EU is so we can get some damn pride in being British again. Even if it costs us in higher taxes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.