Euro 16 - Anybody going to France?

I've managed to get tickets for 3 games on Friday. Managed to get return flights to Basel for £70 and hired a car between a few of us.

Heading over for Iceland v Hungary in Marseille (just a 6-7 hour drive from Basel), Romania v Albania in Lyon and England v Slovakia in St Etienne on consecutive days. Anyone any recommendations on;
  • What to do
  • Where to drink
  • Where to stay
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I've left it very late to do my own research! Will probably book hotels this evening. Hotels and petrol bound to be the most expensive part.

Just looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere

I've managed to get tickets for 3 games on Friday. Managed to get return flights to Basel for £70 and hired a car between a few of us.

Heading over for Iceland v Hungary in Marseille (just a 6-7 hour drive from Basel), Romania v Albania in Lyon and England v Slovakia in St Etienne on consecutive days. Anyone any recommendations on;
  • What to do
  • Where to drink
  • Where to stay
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I've left it very late to do my own research! Will probably book hotels this evening. Hotels and petrol bound to be the most expensive part.

Just looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere

i'll be at the same game, we're getting into marseille from nice and spending the day at the fanzone on prado beach!

Several planned terror attacks during the Euro 2016 tournament in France have been thwarted, according to a Ukrainian security chief.
The head of the state's security services said a Frenchman was detained in the country after making contact with illegal armed groups to buy guns and explosives.
The suspect had been tailed since December, Mr Gritsak said, and was seen buying five machine guns, two rocket-propelled grenades, and other weapons

Several planned terror attacks during the Euro 2016 tournament in France have been thwarted, according to a Ukrainian security chief.
The head of the state's security services said a Frenchman was detained in the country after making contact with illegal armed groups to buy guns and explosives.
The suspect had been tailed since December, Mr Gritsak said, and was seen buying five machine guns, two rocket-propelled grenades, and other weapons
Scary shit. I hope nothing bad happens.

Wish they would just fuck off.

No offence to anyone that is going, but if I could find a cheap deal to France, I could think of a lot better things to do there at this time of year than watching football!

I cracked this evening and got tickets to the big Group B clash Russia v Slovakia. Anyone know whether these two get on or is it going to be a feisty affair. Plus anyone got any tips on Lille?

I will be at this match up of the Euro 2016 heavyweights. Get into Lille late morning on Wednesday on the Eurostar, few beers then off to the match for 3pm. Never been before to Lille but will be on the beers after, sure we will find somewhere decent!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.