EURO 2012: Day 10 Matchday thread

MonsallBlue said:
Can someone please explain how the group final standings work??

Last night Greece went through on the same points as Russia but a worse goal difference. I understand its the head to head thing comes into it.......

But I cant get my head around it for tonight. The dutch have to win by 2 clear goals. And Denmark lose. How can this be when they got beat by Denmark? Surely the head to head goes against them then?

I really dont get it....

Someone explain please?

Without my head exploding if they all end up on the same points then it's a 3 way head to head.

MonsallBlue said:

Last night Greece went through on the same points as Russia but a worse goal difference. I understand its the head to head thing comes into it.......

But I cant get my head around it for tonight. The dutch have to win by 2 clear goals. And Denmark lose. How can this be when they got beat by Denmark? Surely the head to head goes against them then?

I really dont get it....

Someone explain please?
I think it's because Portugal beat Denmark. If they're all three level in a rock-paper-scissors, then it goes to a second level tiebreaker yes?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
MonsallBlue said:

I really dont get it....

Someone explain please?

Without my head exploding if they all end up on the same points then it's a 3 way head to head.
Try again. It's GD in a three way, not head to head

MonsallBlue said:

I really dont get it....

Someone explain please?

It's a 3 team mini league in which each team has won one game and lost one so it goes to goal difference which is why if the Dutch win by two goals and Germany beat Denmark then the Dutch go through.

SWP's back said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
MonsallBlue said:

I really dont get it....

Someone explain please?

Try again. It's GD in a three way, not head to head

I know...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.