EURO 2012: Day 8 Matchday Thread

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Pigeonho said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
But you have also brought up Terry and others. How can you cheer Terry who is a racist twat?
I've had a booze, but i'm pretty sure that not once tonight have I mentioned Terry. Infact I nearly mentioned how much of a **** he was for his tackle on one of their players and eventual grabbing of their shirt but I didn't. I'm pretty sure that not once tonight have I mentioned Terry.
Terry maybe a racist twat, for all you know Hart could actually be a member of the Manchester branch of the KKK, but if he was there would be some on here who would just refuse to believe it. Point being it's what they are doing on the pitch. Welbeck plays for Man United in the season, but tonight he played for England and scored a goal which if he played for us would have been a touch of brilliance, yet because he plays for United it was believed to have been a fluke. I find that pretty poor to be honest, because he represented England tonight, not United.

That said though in the cold light of day after the dust had settled, I could see 'that' Rooney goal v us for what it was, a brilliant goal.
This is your quote Pige

Pigeonho said:
They're not rags tonight, Hart isn't a Blue and Terry isn't anything to do with Chelsea.
So no, i'm not defending rags, i'm educating the uneducated, of which you are obviously one.
I agree it was a great goal which I have no problem with. Its the 'we gave city a footballing lesson' after the charity shield and the celebrations directed at us whenever he scores past us.

My point is there are plenty of English players who are hated based on things other than the team they play for. For the record I have nothing against Welbeck
But that has nothing to do with tonight..

Lancet Fluke said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I do, because Holt and Crouch had better seasons and were left at home.

He scored a fluke, yet people act like it's world class and we should be celebrating him and slag people off for disagreeing with them.

but for those who want to celebrate the current ethos and setup of England, their whole identity and mentality then you might as well celebrate tonight as it's as good as its going to get, unless they pull a fluke a la Chelsea, to be forgotten as quickly as Greece.

Some of us would just like an England team picked purely on merit, wherever that takes us.

'Fashionable' teams have always had more players in the England starting eleven mate - that's just the way it is,because England managers watch the 'big four' more than other clubs.
Personally,I don't think it was a fluke,but again we'll never know for sure.
I realise that this makes me less of a 'proper' blue,and I will hand in my seasoncard of 41 years for this act of treason.

I don't think it makes you less of a blue at all, it probably just means you're a more well adjusted human being than some of us.

I'm the same over Carroll, Downing, Henderson etc., I'm not stuck on a hatred for the Rags, Rooney despite his ban is by far and away the best England striker so should start against Ukraine, but at least he's earnt that by scoring plenty for the Rags.

What the fuck was going on between Hart and Ibrahimovic?

Ibrahimovic was acting a right ****, bet he feels like a right twat after tonight

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:

Ibrahimovic was acting a right ****, bet he feels like a right twat after tonight
Nothing other than 2 blokes on a football pitch having handbags. One shoved the other when he celebrated his teams goal, and he took a disliking to that. It was, in actual fact, a completely nothing 'incident'.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Lancet Fluke said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
'Fashionable' teams have always had more players in the England starting eleven mate - that's just the way it is,because England managers watch the 'big four' more than other clubs.
Personally,I don't think it was a fluke,but again we'll never know for sure.
I realise that this makes me less of a 'proper' blue,and I will hand in my seasoncard of 41 years for this act of treason.

I don't think it makes you less of a blue at all, it probably just means you're a more well adjusted human being than some of us.

I'm the same over Carroll, Downing, Henderson etc., I'm not stuck on a hatred for the Rags, Rooney despite his ban is by far and away the best England striker so should start against Ukraine, but at least he's earnt that by scoring plenty for the Rags.

No I'm sorry, that's where I draw the line fucko! rooney should not be starting for England, he should be bludgeoned to death.

Edit: Unless of course he is giving a dying relative mouth to mouth resuscitation. My relative not his, if it's one of his, I say still bludgeon him.

Interesting quotes by Desailly.

Desailly: "This #FRA team has huge potential. They're better than my generation. Only difference is, they have no leader"

Desailly: "Ribéry doesn't have the personality. Nasri hasn't imposed himself at his club. Captain is the GK - that shows there's a problem"

Desailly: "When I played at Milan, I was a midfielder. Today, we have a player called M'Vila. He will be exceptional. Better than Desailly"

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Ric said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
do you think Welbeck would have played tonight or been in the squad if he didn't play for Manchester United?

I'd be amazed if you could name four English forwards who are available who would get the nod over him?
I don't, I only need to name one, but as you ask, Crouch, Holt, Defoe and Sturridge all scored more goals than him last season, so on merit they should be ahead of him.

It's all about opinions I suppose, but I think he's there on merit. Not because he's a world beater, but I think he's a better all round player than those you mentioned. This isn't Moneyball - players aren't selected on stats alone.

Pigeonho said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:

Nothing other than 2 blokes on a football pitch having handbags. One shoved the other when he celebrated his teams goal, and he took a disliking to that. It was, in actual fact, a completely nothing 'incident'.

and if it was Ibra/Welbeck you'd be crying for Ibra to be banned for 10 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.