EURO 2012: Day 8 Matchday Thread

Lancet Fluke said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I don't think it makes you less of a blue at all, it probably just means you're a more well adjusted human being than some of us.

I'm the same over Carroll, Downing, Henderson etc., I'm not stuck on a hatred for the Rags, Rooney despite his ban is by far and away the best England striker so should start against Ukraine, but at least he's earnt that by scoring plenty for the Rags.

No I'm sorry, that's where I draw the line fucko! rooney should not be starting for England, he should be bludgeoned to death.

Edit: Unless of course he is giving a dying relative mouth to mouth resuscitation. My relative not his, if it's one of his, I say still bludgeon him.
Really got to you didn't it that analogy?

Pigeonho said:
Lancet Fluke said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I'm the same over Carroll, Downing, Henderson etc., I'm not stuck on a hatred for the Rags, Rooney despite his ban is by far and away the best England striker so should start against Ukraine, but at least he's earnt that by scoring plenty for the Rags.

No I'm sorry, that's where I draw the line fucko! rooney should not be starting for England, he should be bludgeoned to death.

Edit: Unless of course he is giving a dying relative mouth to mouth resuscitation. My relative not his, if it's one of his, I say still bludgeon him.
It was fucking ridiculous!

Ric said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Ric said:
I'd be amazed if you could name four English forwards who are available who would get the nod over him?
I don't, I only need to name one, but as you ask, Crouch, Holt, Defoe and Sturridge all scored more goals than him last season, so on merit they should be ahead of him.

It's all about opinions I suppose, but I think he's there on merit. Not because he's a world beater, but I think he's a better all round player than those you mentioned. This isn't Moneyball - players aren't selected on stats alone.

I disagree, nothing other than pure performance suggests he wasn't good enough last season imo, he wouldn't be there if he didn't play for United, he runs like a horse, lost the ball any time he ran with it, typical Welbeck performance. Wouldn't say he was better than any of the above and neither is Carroll.

Lancet Fluke said:
Pigeonho said:
Lancet Fluke said:

It was, and so fitted in with people slating a United player for scoring for England. That is equally ridiculous.

Pigeonho said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Pigeonho said:
It was, and so fitted in with people slating a United player for scoring for England. That is equally ridiculous.

not slating the fact he scored, more the people who claim it was something world class, like you, who oddly I think would do the very opposite if Balo had done and called it a fluke, seeing as that's how you are about him.

Ric said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Ric said:
I'd be amazed if you could name four English forwards who are available who would get the nod over him?
I don't, I only need to name one, but as you ask, Crouch, Holt, Defoe and Sturridge all scored more goals than him last season, so on merit they should be ahead of him.

It's all about opinions I suppose, but I think he's there on merit. Not because he's a world beater, but I think he's a better all round player than those you mentioned. This isn't Moneyball - players aren't selected on stats alone.

Nail/head.
Why people are bleating about a player who scored the winning goal,and one of the best goals seen in the competition is beyond me.
He vindicated his selection by winning the fucking game with a great goal.
But hey,he's a rag,so let's drop him and play some lanky twat who has the ball control of an octogenarian with Parkinsons instead.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Pigeonho said:
Lancet Fluke said:

not slating the fact he scored, more the people who claim it was something world class, like you, who oddly I think would do the very opposite if Balo had done and called it a fluke, seeing as that's how you are about him.
Not at all, if Balotelli had scored that for Italy I like EVERYONE on here would have said he meant it. Some on here though just can't let it go and therefore think that Welbeck can't possibly have meant it. As I have said, tonight he played for England, not United.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Ric said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Nail/head.
Why people are bleating about a player who scored the winning goal,and one of the best goals seen in the competition is beyond me.
He vindicated his selection by winning the fucking game with a great goal.
But hey,he's a rag,so let's drop him and play some lanky twat who has the ball control of an octogenarian with Parkinsons instead.

wouldn't be any worse than Welbeck then as that how he played for 90 minutes bar his fluke.<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:10 pm --<br /><br />
Pigeonho said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Pigeonho said:

Not at all, if Balotelli had scored that for Italy I like EVERYONE on here would have said he meant it. Some on here though just can't let it go and therefore think that Welbeck can't possibly have meant it. As I have said, tonight he played for England, not United.

they just wouldn't, have you not seen a Balotelli thread, it's like in here except Ducado actually bans 50,000 people.

A lot of thought provoking posts in this thread. I can see both sides of the coin with Welbeck. He has good pace and has decent strike on him, but tonights performance was very sketchy. Other than his goal (which it his job) he was quite poor.

I don't care if they play for the rags or not, if do play to their capabiltes then they should start and will get my support. However Young was not very good in tonights game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.