EURO 2012: Day 8 Matchday Thread

JoeMercer'sWay said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Ric said:
It's all about opinions I suppose, but I think he's there on merit. Not because he's a world beater, but I think he's a better all round player than those you mentioned. This isn't Moneyball - players aren't selected on stats alone.

Nail/head.
Why people are bleating about a player who scored the winning goal,and one of the best goals seen in the competition is beyond me.
He vindicated his selection by winning the fucking game with a great goal.
But hey,he's a rag,so let's drop him and play some lanky twat who has the ball control of an octogenarian with Parkinsons instead.

wouldn't be any worse than Welbeck then as that how he played for 90 minutes bar his fluke.

Oh ffs - get over yourself,as you are starting to look bitter and foolish.
It was a great winning goal,so stop acting like a petulant child.
Criticising rags doesn't make you a bigger blue,you know.
It just means you lack objectivity.

Pigeonho said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Pigeonho said:
Really got to you didn't it that analogy?
It was fucking ridiculous!
It was, and so fitted in with people slating a United player for scoring for England. That is equally ridiculous.
No, nothing could be quite as ridiculous as your analogy. Except perhaps people thinking that anyone displaying any different behaviour from their own is ridiculous.

What was Ibrahimovic saying to Hart ??

After Sweden scored their second tonight Ibrahimovic was giving Hart some nasty verbal.....any ideas what it was about ??

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Ric said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I don't, I only need to name one, but as you ask, Crouch, Holt, Defoe and Sturridge all scored more goals than him last season, so on merit they should be ahead of him.

It's all about opinions I suppose, but I think he's there on merit. Not because he's a world beater, but I think he's a better all round player than those you mentioned. This isn't Moneyball - players aren't selected on stats alone.

I disagree, nothing other than pure performance suggests he wasn't good enough last season imo, he wouldn't be there if he didn't play for United, he runs like a horse, lost the ball any time he ran with it, typical Welbeck performance. Wouldn't say he was better than any of the above and neither is Carroll.

Like I say, it's all about opinions.

But your theory that his inclusion is because of a United bias falls down somewhat on the exclusion of Ferdinand and Carrick. Surely they should have been there on merit, ahead of Kelly and Henderson. If anything there's a Liverpool bias in Hodgson's selection. Downing ahead of Adam Johnson is another example.

Re: What was Ibrahimovic saying to Hart ??

The Swedish players were celebrating in Hart's goal, he pushed a few of them, Ibra started mouthing off

Ric said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Ric said:

I disagree, nothing other than pure performance suggests he wasn't good enough last season imo, he wouldn't be there if he didn't play for United, he runs like a horse, lost the ball any time he ran with it, typical Welbeck performance. Wouldn't say he was better than any of the above and neither is Carroll.

Like I say, it's all about opinions.

But your theory that his inclusion is because of a United bias falls down somewhat on the exclusion of Ferdinand and Carrick. Surely they should have been there on merit, ahead of Kelly and Henderson. If anything there's a Liverpool bias in Hodgson's selection. Downing ahead of Adam Johnson is another example.

I agree on that much, I think it's a more Scouse bias, Carrick just is never fancied and Ferdinand is because of Terry.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Nail/head.
Why people are bleating about a player who scored the winning goal,and one of the best goals seen in the competition is beyond me.
He vindicated his selection by winning the fucking game with a great goal.
But hey,he's a rag,so let's drop him and play some lanky twat who has the ball control of an octogenarian with Parkinsons instead.

wouldn't be any worse than Welbeck then as that how he played for 90 minutes bar his fluke.

Oh ffs - get over yourself,as you are starting to look bitter and foolish.
It was a great winning goal,so stop acting like a petulant child.
Criticising rags doesn't make you a bigger blue,you know.
It just means you lack objectivity.

No it doesn't, it means I want players picked on merit.

We have a difference of opinion, maybe you should learn from Ric how to debate like a grown-up instead of going off on one when somebody doesn't agree with you.

If i'm so unobjective then why would I be equally critical of the presence of Henderson, Downing, Kelly, Carroll etc. etc?

As for his goal, you think it was great, I think it was lucky, end of, no great number of patronising comments is going to change mine and a number of other's opinions on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.