EURO 2020 | General discussion

Who will win Euro 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol. Ok to play football matches in a stadium built by Nazis for the Nazi dream and for an ideology responsible the murder of millions, but a statue in an English seaside resort, in a context centuries earlier???? This woke generation of the offended, need to sort their wokeness out.
Yes - off topic.

Lol. Ok to play football matches in a stadium built by Nazis for the Nazi dream and for an ideology responsible the murder of millions, but a statue in an English seaside resort, in a context centuries earlier???? This woke generation of the offended, need to sort their wokeness out.
Yes - off topic.
I do not really understand that argument.

What should people have done with this stadiums and buildings? It was not just the Olympic stadium, it was the stadium in Stuttgart (today the Mercedes-Benz-Arena) that was built for the 15. German Athletic festival and was the Adolf-Hitler-Kampfbahn first. After the World War it was used as stadium for the VFB Stuttgart but for various World Championships for e.g. track and field, too.

More than 60,000 football fans will be allowed to attend the semi-finals and final of Euro 2020 at Wembley.

They will be the largest crowds at UK sporting events in more than 15 months.

It is not clear exactly how many fans will be let through the turnstiles, but the culture department (DCMS) said attendance would be increased to "75% capacity", which is 67,500.

They should absolutely do it anyway, absolute dinosaur of an organisation UEFA. Nothing political about it....

Unfortunately I actually agree with Ceferin on this one.

He says if they'd requested the stadium was lit up in rainbow colours for the whole tournament then they'd have absolutely agreed with it as a show of LGBT support, like they approved of Neuer's rainbow armband.

But they only want to light up the stadium it on this one night, as an attack on Hungary's politics that was requested by a politician who was specifically using it as a way to attack Victor Orban's party.

Very difficult to argue it's not political when it's explicitly requested by a politician for political reasons - even if you agree with the sentiment.

I think they should light it up every night from today until the end of the tournament, then it would be lit for the last 16 and quarter finals.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I actually agree with Ceferin on this one.

He says if they'd requested the stadium was lit up in rainbow colours for the whole tournament then they'd have absolutely agreed with it as a show of LGBT support, like they approved of Neuer's rainbow armband.

But they only want to light up the stadium it on this one night, as an attack on Hungary's politics that was requested by a politician who was specifically using it as a way to attack Victor Orban's party.

Very difficult to argue it's not political when it's explicitly requested by a politician for political reasons - even if you agree with the sentiment.

I think they should light it up every night from today until the end of the tournament, then it would be lit for the last 16 and quarter finals.
I agree too, pretty clear from UEFA - no political statements and this is a political not a moral gesture on this occasion

I do not really understand that argument.

What should people have done with this stadiums and buildings? It was not just the Olympic stadium, it was the stadium in Stuttgart (today the Mercedes-Benz-Arena) that was built for the 15. German Athletic festival and was the Adolf-Hitler-Kampfbahn first. After the World War it was used as stadium for the VFB Stuttgart but for various World Championships for e.g. track and field, too.
Like having a bbq in the West's garden.

Yes - off topic.
bunch of snowflake fake wokes them not you obv

More than 60,000 football fans will be allowed to attend the semi-finals and final of Euro 2020 at Wembley.

They will be the largest crowds at UK sporting events in more than 15 months.

It is not clear exactly how many fans will be let through the turnstiles, but the culture department (DCMS) said attendance would be increased to "75% capacity", which is 67,500.

So, no isolation for anyone apart from if you‘re actually British and returning from one of the same countries they are arriving from?

So, no isolation for anyone apart from if you‘re actually British and returning from one of the same countries they are arriving from?
Not seen any more details yet , seems mad to me , as tim says, there will be consequences and it will take a while for it to filter through in the numbers , too late if we are fully opened up as is expected

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.