EURO 2020 | General discussion

Who will win Euro 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't mind the pick of Greenwood. He's a great finisher. If we need a goal with 20 mins to go I'd trust him over Sterling.

I think the 7 that miss out will be ramsdale, white, Godfrey, Trent, lingard saka and Watkins.

Starting XI for the first game will be:

Pickford
Shaw
Walker
Stones
Maguire/mings
Rice
Henderson/Phillips
Mount
Foden
Sterling
Kane
*Sniff*

Back on topic.

Does that squad scream hoof it to Kane. If he's injured were fucked?

Last edited by a moderator:
The best side England can put out imo is

------------------Pickford
Walker---stones---maguire---shaw
--------------------Rice
---------Bellingham----Mount
Sancho--------------------------------foden
--------------------kane

I don't get this "we can't play just one DM against good sides" why the hell not? Do you think France, Portugal etc will be thinking like that? Have some fucking confidence in your players, play the best players in the best form in their best position and trust them to be better than the rest. Starting with 2 holding midfielders particularly when we don't have 2 good fit holding midfielders just says inferiority complex before we've even kicked off.

That team above would have a genuine chance of beating anybody and with quality options from the bench too but there's zero chance we see something like that from southgate.

It will be 2 sitting, Mount easily crowded out of the game and England looking completely devoid of ideas against every side we face despite having arguably the best attacking in Europe. Subs will be like for like and everyone will struggle because of the formation.

I see Pickford in most peoples strongest starting line ups, definitely goes to show the goalkeeper is Englands weakest position by quite a bit

Did l miss the BBC News have a piece on the squad but didn't show the actual list? It mentioned squad of 33 to be whittled down to 26 but l never saw the squad list.
It certainly mentioned whether Magliar would.make it and that Arnold Alexander had been recalled.

The best side England can put out imo is

------------------Pickford
Walker---stones---maguire---shaw
--------------------Rice
---------Bellingham----Mount
Sancho--------------------------------foden
--------------------kane

I don't get this "we can't play just one DM against good sides" why the hell not? Do you think France, Portugal etc will be thinking like that? Have some fucking confidence in your players, play the best players in the best form in their best position and trust them to be better than the rest. Starting with 2 holding midfielders particularly when we don't have 2 good fit holding midfielders just says inferiority complex before we've even kicked off.

That team above would have a genuine chance of beating anybody and with quality options from the bench too but there's zero chance we see something like that from southgate.

It will be 2 sitting, Mount easily crowded out of the game and England looking completely devoid of ideas against every side we face despite having arguably the best attacking in Europe. Subs will be like for like and everyone will struggle because of the formation.
Not a bad 11 that. On paper looks like it has the potential to be an entertaining team too.

Not sure about Pickford as number one. The best thing I’ve seen him do is take out Van Dijk. That was a shocking challenge, not sure how he got away with it. He seems a liability to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.