EURO 2020 | General discussion

Who will win Euro 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did l miss the BBC News have a piece on the squad but didn't show the actual list? It mentioned squad of 33 to be whittled down to 26 but l never saw the squad list.
It certainly mentioned whether Magliar would.make it and that Arnold Alexander had been recalled.
Further to above the BBC did not give out the details of the squad which is pretty useless in a report about the squad.
Dan Roan is good at covering Magliars pissed up exploits, having a go at City whenever he can but he is pretty useless at basic journalism.

I'd play...
................. Henderson ...............
Walker Stones ... Rice .. Chilwell
..... Mount Bellingham Foden....
Sancho ....... Kane ........ Grealish

I'd not play Maguire. He's only good for corners.

I'd parter Stones and Rice.

Rice or Stones could alternate driving through the middle. Walker and Chilwell would be conservative enough.... concentrating on covering any break aways.

(It's a strong squad until you realize how many united players are in it)

Goofy gareth isn't doing too well so far - slabhead apparently can't walk properly at present and won't be playing tomorrow in the losers cup.
Jordan "sideways and backwards" henderson hasn't played since Feb so is nowhere near match fit for a major tournament.
Just amazed at given this either is in the initial squad.

------------------------------Pickford
Walker----------Stones----------Maguire----------Shaw
----------------------------------Rice
----------------------Mount-----------Grealish
Sancho----------------------Kane-----------------------Foden

Yeah same XI, only argument would be Chilwell or Shaw, I think the former has finished the season stronger. The Latter has had a stronger overall season and the pairings of Walker-Stones, Maguire-Shaw look stronger.

No chance Southgate lines up this fluid and attacking though. To give him benefit of the doubt, if he plays Bellingham instead of Mount or Grealish that would be the best compromise.

I see Pickford in most peoples strongest starting line ups, definitely goes to show the goalkeeper is Englands weakest position by quite a bit

I was an advocate of Pope until I saw how awful he was with his feet in March, has to be Pickford.

slabhead apparently can't walk properly at present and won't be playing tomorrow in the losers cup.

Jordan "sideways and backwards" henderson hasn't played since Feb so is nowhere near match fit for a major tournament.
Both injured yet assured of their places in the final Euro squad, but Nick Pope has been told he's not required because he is injured.

Go figure.

I was an advocate of Pope until I saw how awful he was with his feet in March, has to be Pickford.
Could try Henderson in the warm up games, see what his distribution is like.

Pickford can’t stop shots and gets flustered under pressure. Ticking time bomb.

Main thing is making sure we send Ramsdale home before the tournament.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.