Euro 2024 General Discussion Thread

Is anyone else thoroughly sick of the club based "points scoring" that seems to be rife around this tournament. Our players seem to be targeted for this with low player ratings gleefully posted as "evidence" that they are rubbish outside a Pep system. These idiots don't get that, even if this were true, it becomes a massive compliment to Pep and City's management team.

I was not really bothered about this tournament but am now getting into it although no doubt I will be cursing it when KdB, Stones etc. miss the first few months of the season with injuries picked up playing for their countries.

Too many mediocre teams in it now,it’s diluted the quality just like the expansion of the World Cup.

The tournament hasn't captured my imagination yet.

Albeit I was pissed off with the Portugal result. There's something about that team I don't like and never have and I don't know where that's come from.

My hatred stems back to England's knockout in the Euro's and then World Cup by them. Tranny winking when he got the granny shagger sent off. Too many rag or ex-rag cunts in the side to counter my love of Bernie and Dias. If they had a better manager they'd be in with a great shout of winning this tournament as well.

If they had a better manager they'd be in with a great shout of winning this tournament as well.
That ponderous build-up of theirs isn't going to cut it. They'll probably manage to win their group and maybe the first knockout, but I expect that's as far as they'll go.

That ponderous build-up of theirs isn't going to cut it. They'll probably manage to win their group and maybe the first knockout, but I expect that's as far as they'll go.

The big issue they have is Ronaldo, who shouldn't be starting, and the manager's lack of ambition to win games (sound familiar). They're blessed with fantastic midfield and creative players, but he picks 5 defenders. You don't need width from full backs and 3 at the back when you dominate the ball and have the attacking talent available. Like you say, they'll go as far as they can in spite of their manager but he'll ultimately stop them from winning it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.