Euro 2024

Spain were the worthy winners. They lit up a largely dull and uninspiring tournament. I'm not sure the expansion has added anything positive. Being able to qualify from third doesn't sit well with me.

Just read a mind blowing stat.

In the last 23 years, Spanish club sides and their international side have appeared in 27 major finals combined. ( World Cup, Euros, Champions League & Europa ) and won all 27 times.

That can’t be coincidence.

Just read a mind blowing stat.

In the last 23 years, Spanish club sides and their international side have appeared in 27 major finals combined. ( World Cup, Euros, Champions League & Europa ) and won all 27 times.

That can’t be coincidence.
I can assure you it is not. ;-)

Player tiredness affected this tournament.

A lot of players from the biggest nations looked fooked as they've played football solidly for at least 4 years without a breather.

Extra CL games along with shit loads of nations league internationals may also affect the quality of the club world cup next season.

However FIFA/UEFA and some club owners won't listen. Even if it leads to another Foe tragedy.

Spain were the worthy winners. They lit up a largely dull and uninspiring tournament. I'm not sure the expansion has added anything positive. Being able to qualify from third doesn't sit well with me.
Bang on. Opening it up is just about TV and money. You might as well just bin the qualifiers and let all the shite in. 3rd place in a group of 4 going through is palpable nonsense. Get back to old school. 1st and 2nd place go through to a draw from the hat. No seeding, just a straight forward draw. Great stuff, that would be exciting.

Player tiredness affected this tournament.

A lot of players from the biggest nations looked fooked as they've played football solidly for at least 4 years without a breather.

Extra CL games along with shit loads of nations league internationals may also affect the quality of the club world cup next season.

However FIFA/UEFA and some club owners won't listen. Even if it leads to another Foe tragedy.
I’d like to think ours will give the finalists and Alvarez at least the next 3 weeks off. I also think all players should get a break in the season too for a week so they can recharge their batteries a bit. Even worse next year with that club World Cup.

I’d like to think ours will give the finalists and Alvarez at least the next 3 weeks off. I also think all players should get a break in the season too for a week so they can recharge their batteries a bit. Even worse next year with that club World Cup.
I expect Pep will say something about fucking off the league cup because the players need the rest.

We should have a decent level of squad member rotatiom to be able to get some league results next season. I can see Rico and Bobb getting some more PL starts with possibly some other potential academy players being nurtured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.