Euro 2024

You know how they sing it’s coming home, it’s coming home? Well surely that was the World Cup they were/are singing about so if we win this Euro 24 thingymabob it’s not coming home is it? We’ve never won that have we? So it’s visiting but not coming home.
Just my random thoughts due to insomnia. :-)
Three Lions was actually released in 96 for the home Euros, hence football was coming back to its starting point. In theory anyway! ;-)

You know how they sing it’s coming home, it’s coming home? Well surely that was the World Cup they were/are singing about so if we win this Euro 24 thingymabob it’s not coming home is it? We’ve never won that have we? So it’s visiting but not coming home.
it was year 2001 i think... one of friends came to me and said that: ''kerem, this girl and boy, our friends, the couple, chose ''wish you were here'' as their song... how stupid is it kerem? that song is about syd barrett...it is not even a love song'''

songs are songs... people take it. whatever they take it.. it is ok..
and dont judge them...
does not matter if it is a love song, or what they mean...
if the song is accepted. it is accapeted.
then the song is more than that
lyrics, or the history of the song is meaningless

it was year 2001 i think... one of friends came to me and said that: ''kerem, this girl and boy, our friends, the couple, chose ''wish you were here'' as their song... how stupid is it kerem? that song is about syd barrett...it is not even a love song'''

songs are songs... people take it. whatever they take it.. it is ok..
and dont judge them...
does not matter if it is a love song, or what they mean...
if the song is accepted. it is accapeted.
then the song is more than that
lyrics, or the history of the song is meaningless
IMG_2013.gif

I believe that the sentiment infers that "Football" as in the concept that the laws and game were devised here is coming home not the particular tournament.

Most chants are stupid really, I for one don't believe a word of the Na na nananana na one :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.