europa cup

strange said:
We have the squad for it. It will give people like Rodwell, Sinclair, Kolo Toure, Pantalon, Suares and Rekik games.

Leave the big guns at home for the long trips abroad.

The more opportunity to watch city the better.

This, It will also gives these players much needed European experiance

So in this alternate universe where we beat a fantastic Dortmund side that tore us apart at the Etihad at there gaff. Anybody know what the odds on that are<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:56 am --<br /><br />
moomba said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Yes and it took us a while to recover from it as well

Well we beat Bolton 4-0 after the Porto games. Admittedly we lost to Swansea after playing Sporting, but beat Chelsea after the return leg. To state that the Europa League nearly cost us the league is a bit convenient.

Granted Portugal is not war torn
Other than that yes

No.

A bit convenient? Is that a typo?
I dont generally mean the game after I mean the totalling of games adding up. Its worth it for the CL but not this rehashed awful Wafer Cup

Yes

BoyBlue_1985 said:
So in this alternate universe where we beat a fantastic Dortmund side that tore us apart at the Etihad at there gaff. Anybody know what the odds on that are

-- Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:56 am --

moomba said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Yes and it took us a while to recover from it as well

Well we beat Bolton 4-0 after the Porto games. Admittedly we lost to Swansea after playing Sporting, but beat Chelsea after the return leg. To state that the Europa League nearly cost us the league is a bit convenient.

Granted Portugal is not war torn
Other than that yes

No.

I dont generally mean the game after I mean the totalling of games adding up. Its worth it for the CL but not this rehashed awful Wafer Cup

Yes

This 'rehashed awful Wafer Cup' is something you would have dreamt of competing in a few years back, let alone win.

The same cup that would still be a brilliant piece of silverware to put in City & Mancini's portfolio.

The same cup that gave Atletico Madrid a shit load of co-effiency points last season to the point where they are on the brink of pot 1.

You have two (sometimes 3) brilliant players in each position within your squad. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to compete on both European & Domestic fronts.

BoyBlue_1985 said:

Yes

Our record at the end of the season was very good. Not sure how Europa league spoiled it for us.

We need all the European experience we can get, after our dismal performances this season (& last). We either practice and improve, or change the manager and get players who are capable of progressing on the European front.

That said, we were shit in the League Cup against Villa, with arguably a pretty good team on show, so perhaps the problem does lie a bit deeper.

sjk2008 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
So in this alternate universe where we beat a fantastic Dortmund side that tore us apart at the Etihad at there gaff. Anybody know what the odds on that are

-- Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:56 am --

moomba said:

No.

Yes

This 'rehashed awful Wafer Cup' is something you would have dreamt of competing in a few years back, let alone win.

The same cup that would still be a brilliant piece of silverware to put in City & Mancini's portfolio.

The same cup that gave Atletico Madrid a shit load of co-effiency points last season to the point where they are on the brink of pot 1.

You have two (sometimes 3) brilliant players in each position within your squad. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to compete on both European & Domestic fronts.

Yes but times have moved on and we have different ambitions now

Yes I would like to win it if it was more like a Carling Cup competition

Makes no odds as they didn't qualify for the CL. Although I know what you are saying I dont have a boner for pot 1 like most and look at Chelsea group

I can think of maybe 3 or 4 places where we would have 2 brilliant players and none where we have 3. I agree but in true Mancini style one has to suffer and if I have to pick between Europe and the League I pick the League

-- Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:18 pm --

moomba said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Yes

Our record at the end of the season was very good. Not sure how Europa league spoiled it for us.

From about West Brom on I would obviously agree it was patchy from Jan onwards though due to cup games and Europe as well<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:19 pm --<br /><br />
Scully said:
We need all the European experience we can get, after our dismal performances this season (& last). We either practice and improve, or change the manager and get players who are capable of progressing on the European front.

That said, we were shit in the League Cup against Villa, with arguably a pretty good team on show, so perhaps the problem does lie a bit deeper.

This experience stuff. We have players who have won European cups and seasoned veterans in European competition plus a manager whop played and has manged in Europe. How much experience do we need??

MCFC BOB said:
No. I said it last year and I was given all kinds of abuse but I'll say it again.

If we go all out in the Europa League we will not win the Premier League. It really is as simple as that.

Is it though?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
LHarper said:
MCFC BOB said:
No. I said it last year and I was given all kinds of abuse but I'll say it again.

If we go all out in the Europa League we will not win the Premier League. It really is as simple as that.

Is it though?
If he used Lego would that help?

Maybe.

Just seems like a particularly strong opinion for something that can't be backed up with any meaningful statistics or observations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.