europa cup

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Yes but times have moved on and we have different ambitions now

Yes I would like to win it if it was more like a Carling Cup competition

Makes no odds as they didn't qualify for the CL. Although I know what you are saying I dont have a boner for pot 1 like most and look at Chelsea group

I can think of maybe 3 or 4 places where we would have 2 brilliant players and none where we have 3. I agree but in true Mancini style one has to suffer and if I have to pick between Europe and the League I pick the League

........................Hart........................
Zaba....Kompany........Nastasic.....Clichy
................Yaya.....Garcia..................
.....Silva...........Tevez.........Nasri........
......................Aguero.......................

....................Pantimillon....................
Maicon...Kolo Toure.....Lescott...Kolorov
...............Rodwell.......Barry................
.....Milner...........Nasri*...........Sinclair...
.......................Dzeko........................

*Yes, I know he's in twice.

There's two sides you could, hypothetically, put out. Players like Razak & Suarez could get run outs if you dont look in danger. Plus, you wont have a EL match every week so on occasion, you can play some of your first teamers in the EL too.

There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to fight on both fronts, when the reward for doing so is brilliant, domestically and very good, in Europe.

Can someone please explain why we wont win the league if we're in Europa?
Can someone tell me who has the strongest squad in the Premier?

the goats backside said:

There is n't a valid enough reason for this line of argument it is like saying we should have thrown the FA Cup to secure fourth/third place in 2010-11, we had a strong enough squad then and and it it even stronger now so there is really no need for that way of thinking. With a good enough squad the only thing that comes into question is the ability of your manager to manage rotation effectively;he has proved capable of doing it before, so I don't doubt Mancini can do it again.

Aren't Valencia the only club playing in one of the major leagues to have won their own league and the Europa League (or its equivalent) in the same season?

Its seems that the EL is usually won by clubs like Porto, the dominant club in its league and able to challenge for the EL whilst cruising to a league title. Or like Atletico, a strong club but out of contention for their league title and able to focus on the EL.

A club like City is going to be at a disadvantage playing eg Atletico because for us its a secondary priority whereas they can go all out to win it.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
the goats backside said:

There is n't a valid enough reason for this line of argument it is like saying we should have thrown the FA Cup to secure fourth/third place in 2010-11, we had a strong enough squad then and and it it even stronger now so there is really no need for that way of thinking. With a good enough squad the only thing that comes into question is the ability of your manager to manage rotation effectively;he has proved capable of doing it before, so I don't doubt Mancini can do it again.

Sorry mate you mistook what i meant. People are saying that being in Europa will harm our chances of winning the league. If i am not mistaken our rivals will come from Scum or Chelsea, am i not right in thinking they will still be in Europe after the group stages

the goats backside said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
the goats backside said:

Sorry mate you mistook what i meant. People are saying that being in Europa will harm our chances of winning the league. If i am not mistaken our rivals will come from Scum or Chelsea, am i not right in thinking they will still be in Europe after the group stages

No i did n't. However, considering I bothered to quote you I should have made a better clearer response in line with your sentiment, I agree with you mate, we are strong enough to compete on both fronts as I got from your earlier post, I should have made that clearer though, most of my post was a response to other posters rather than yourself.

Dont think we will beat Dortmund tbh, both managers will play a weakened team if they have sense.

As for the EL, although it looks like I'm thumbing my nose, I dont want it. Priority one has to be retaining the league crown and EL will only get in the way of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.