Europa Draw

Pigeonho said:
tonea2003 said:
if they do get knocked out then that has a knock on effect on us as they would knock us down into pot 3 in the group stages
Ah right, wasn't aware of that.
Onwards you go 'Arry, do yourselves proud!

Bollocks to that, if we can't qualify from any pot in these groups then we've no chance of winning it and might as well pack up and fuck off home. I hope arry and the spurs boys get it up the arse big time

The Fat el Hombre said:
Pigeonho said:
Ah right, wasn't aware of that.
Onwards you go 'Arry, do yourselves proud!

Bollocks to that, if we can't qualify from any pot in these groups then we've no chance of winning it and might as well pack up and fuck off home. I hope arry and the spurs boys get it up the arse big time

So that the Arse followers can give it to them big time???????? ;-)

No a bad group of unseeded teams there, avoided the "tougher" (a term I'm using loosely) teams like Maritimo, Trabzonspor, Utrecht etc. Anyone but Motherwell will do for me, if only because there's not much European excitement in playing a Scottish side.

Without wishing to tempt fate, should we make it through to the group stage we're back in Pot 2 again due to Maccabi Tel Aviv beating Olympiakos last night. Obviously this is dependant upon there being no surprises in the Champion's League knockout stage.

Think PAOK would definitely be the toughtest game. Held Ajax to 1-1 and 3-3 draws in the qualifiers for the Champions League. I know it wouldnt be that exciting a trip, spectator wise, but Motherwell would do nicely. Only about 3 and a half hours from Manchester and no trek to Eastern Europe.

lancs blue said:
My order of preference:

1. Lausanne
2. Motherwell
3. Gyori ETO
4. Timisoara
998. PAOK
999. Dnepr Mogilev

Mine is

1. Gyori ETO
2. Timisoara
3. Motherwell

Actually thinking of what the club would want, I wager they would be gagging for Motherwell for a number of reasons -

1. Closest to Manchester, very little travel involved.
2. TV, no doubt, would be billing it as a Battle of Britain, England vs Scotland etc etc.. so decent ratings
3. Almost certain qualification
4. Would at least get some away supporters travelling down for the qualifier rather than looking at empty seats..

Just my thoughts on this but far better than a couple of long flights eastwards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.