Europa League draw

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Just looking at club coefficients and how they are worked out.

As I understand it we get 4 points if we get through this round into the last 16, then one point per round from there. So if we get to the final we get 7 more points.
The two competitions attract the same points apart from the EL round of 32, for which there is no bonus.

So actually it's better to be in the Europa League longer than to go out of the CL in the last 16, which is probably what would have happened this season. We've got a good chance of getting into the last 8 if we get past Porto then a 50% chance of getting a decent draw into the semis from there.

The more points we get the higher we are in the rankings and the better the chance of Pot 2 next season. That's another reason to try to win this.
Actually I think I got it wrong as we get 4 points as a bonus for reaching last 16 plus an extra point. so it could be 8 points for the final and 9 if we win. That could just be enough to get us into Pot 2 next season so winning the EL could be very helpful to us.
Are you not forgetting how many we get for each win?

There is a thread about this. Portp got something like 30 points for winning it last year.
Only in the group stages do you get points for a win/draw. We've got those already. But Porto did get 28 points for winning it last year (plus their country coefficient).

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Just looking at club coefficients and how they are worked out.

As I understand it we get 4 points if we get through this round into the last 16, then one point per round from there. So if we get to the final we get 7 more points.
The two competitions attract the same points apart from the EL round of 32, for which there is no bonus.

So actually it's better to be in the Europa League longer than to go out of the CL in the last 16, which is probably what would have happened this season. We've got a good chance of getting into the last 8 if we get past Porto then a 50% chance of getting a decent draw into the semis from there.

The more points we get the higher we are in the rankings and the better the chance of Pot 2 next season. That's another reason to try to win this.
Actually I think I got it wrong as we get 4 points as a bonus for reaching last 16 plus an extra point. so it could be 8 points for the final and 9 if we win. That could just be enough to get us into Pot 2 next season so winning the EL could be very helpful to us.
Are you not forgetting how many we get for each win?

There is a thread about this. Portp got something like 30 points for winning it last year.

Yes, Porto got something like 27-28pts for their own performances plus another 3 and a bit from the country coefficient for Portugal. Well worth the effort, it sneaked them into Pot 1 for this seasons CL.

Prestwich_Blue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
With an opinion like that I'd say you will do well on Bluemoon. Are you sure you're not Joe Mercer's Way under another username?

what have I got to do with anything?
You seem to be a "glass half empty" kind of guy.
maybe, I just think we can always do better and it annoys me when it's continual silly mistakes.

I like the Europa League, I just don't like only being 2 points ahead of United despite having the best run of form in decades.

Though on the flipside I expect us to win virtually every game due to our results.

Just found out

Between UEFA , PL, the FA and the FL there is either some serious shennanegins designed to fook us royally over or coincidence that an actuary would have problems working out odds on

Napoli in pot 4 (should never have been) - we get them - 1 in 6 chance

PL - all away games after CL games including some very tough ones

FL - Carling Cup - Arse away then Pool when there´s only one othe PL team left in the comp (we would have got scum had they got through)

FA Cup - the holders get drawn to scum - the 5th and 6th balls out of the draw just happened to be numbers 25 & 26 out of 60 balls remaining

Porto - the holders - UNSEEDED!! LOL!! Just so we can draw them after being the first ball out

Don´t believe in conspiracies - so the only conclusion is that they are all scared shitless of us and are not even trying to disguise what is quite clearly a fix of epic proportions.
I will still be in the lovely city of Oporto all things being equal
16710fb.jpg

2zdvo7m.jpg

mike channon´s windmill said:
Just found out

Between UEFA , PL, the FA and the FL there is either some serious shennanegins designed to fook us royally over or coincidence that an actuary would have problems working out odds on

FL - Carling Cup - Arse away then Pool when there´s only one othe PL team left in the comp (we would have got scum had they got through)

FA Cup - the holders get drawn to scum - the 5th and 6th balls out of the draw just happened to be numbers 25 & 26 out of 60 balls remaining

Porto - the holders - UNSEEDED!! LOL!! Just so we can draw them after being the first ball out

Don´t believe in conspiracies - so the only conclusion is that they are all scared shitless of us and are not even trying to disguise what is quite clearly a fix of epic proportions.
16710fb.jpg

2zdvo7m.jpg
one of the most embarassing posts ive ever seen

stimo said:
Just found out

16710fb.jpg

2zdvo7m.jpg

Whatever mate - just try and begin to work out the odds of all that happening - as for Porto unseeded - give me a fookin break !!
I´ll still be there - will you ?

dw7 said:
You do know why Porto were unseeded

They finished outside the most points of the top 4 CL clubs that finished thired.

Given that we couldn't draw the rags they are the hardest team left.

http://www.euroclubindex.com/index.html

Ranked No 5 by ECL right behind us.

FA Cup: Rags

League Cup: Liverpool

Europa: Porto

Hmmmmmmmmm................that's very bad luck indeed.

dw7 said:
You do know why Porto were unseeded

Well I suppose you´re going to tell me why the current champions , perennial CL qualifiers , CL winners 2006 (iirc) , blah de fookin blah .. were unseeded

I imagine it must be a cracking good excuse (I sincerely hope I haven´t put my foot in it and insulted anyone btw through not knowing)

Tbh I´m not really arsed who or what we get anymore coz we have to beat them all at some stage and it´s all good experience - but fookin come on!!!

stimo said:
Just found out

16710fb.jpg

2zdvo7m.jpg

Whatever mate - just try and begin to work out the odds of all that happening - as for Porto unseeded - give me a fookin break !!
I´ll still be there - will you ?
depends if it drops to my mates points, ill get a ticket but i dont fancy going on my own. fucks that got to do with anything? another dick measuring poster

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.