Europa League - Group Stage - City, Juve, Salzburg, L Poznan

THIS MAN WILL DESTROY YOU

alessandro-del-piero-juve1.jpg

Re: Europa League Draw - Group Stage

JoeMercer'sWay said:
cleavers said:
I know its probably obvious to UEFA but why did that affect group A ? Not that I'm complaining....

think it's to do with not having teams from the same country kicking off at the same time in the same country...

I don't really know why, I'm sure Dortmund and Leverkusen have played at home together 1 weekend in the Bundesliga.

teams from group A play teams from group B in the next round and you cant have 2 teams from the same country playing each other so early... for some reason

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTTZMdA144Y&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTTZMdA1 ... re=related</a> ... skip to 45 seconds. Be a spectacle at coms.

Rules:
Rounds of 32 & 16
The draw for the round of 32 includes the top two teams from each of the 12 groups along with the eight sides transferring from the UEFA Champions League after finishing third in their pools.
Share Print
Rounds of 32 & 16
The draw for the round of 32 includes the top two teams from each of the 12 groups along with the eight sides transferring from the UEFA Champions League after finishing third in their pools.
Read more17 December at 13.00CET, Nyon

The UEFA Europa League group winners are all seeded, along with the four UEFA Champions League qualifiers with the best record in their section. The other four sides transferring from the elite competition and the UEFA Europa League group runners-up are in the unseeded pot and are drawn first, meaning they play the first-leg matches at home. They cannot be paired with either the winners from their section or clubs from the same association.

The draw for the round of 16 follows and there are no seeded teams. The 16 balls containing slips of paper for 'Winners of match 1' to 'Winners of match 16' are placed in one bowl and shuffled. The first team drawn will play its first match at home against the second team drawn and the same procedure will then be repeated for the other matches. There are no restrictions on the draw<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:06 am --<br /><br />Rules:
Rounds of 32 & 16
Share Print
Rounds of 32 & 16
Read more17 December at 13.00CET, Nyon

The UEFA Europa League group winners are all seeded, along with the four UEFA Champions League qualifiers with the best record in their section. The other four sides transferring from the elite competition and the UEFA Europa League group runners-up are in the unseeded pot and are drawn first, meaning they play the first-leg matches at home. They cannot be paired with either the winners from their section or clubs from the same association.

The draw for the round of 16 follows and there are no seeded teams. The 16 balls containing slips of paper for 'Winners of match 1' to 'Winners of match 16' are placed in one bowl and shuffled. The first team drawn will play its first match at home against the second team drawn and the same procedure will then be repeated for the other matches. There are no restrictions on the draw

After Ushited have been given a bye through their group stages I wanted us to get a really tough group to show them how it's done. I wanted Dortmund and Rapid Vienna as well as Juve but we just got Juve. Still a tougher group than theirs though IMO. Valencia and Rangers are both pretty poor teams but I don't know much about the other one.

Re: Juventus, Salzburg, Lech Poznan

TaylorWii07 will finally get to see Cheillini. Between us and Juve to top the group in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.