European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

So if you were to be expelled from the premier league you couldn’t then join this super league? Your revenues would obviously take a hit as well? Funny that init?
Well if we were expelled from the premier league we couldn’t play in the champions league either if it stayed that way so I guess that’s a completely different issue.

I was disgusted when Manchester City announced they were in favour of the proposals put forward, utterly ashamed. I was an advocate of the English League, the English football system, the cups, the prestige, the heritage.

I wanted to continue to experience and feel the joy of seeing the club named as Champions of England, Champions of the FA Cup and to want to throw that all away for some plastic league sickened me, because I still felt a connection to the other clubs in the country that I wanted City to compete with. I didn't want that tradition to die.

This week something has changed in me, and whilst i'm still not a proponent of this 'Supa Leeg', the unjustified hatred felt towards my club and my fellow supporters by fans and professionals at these other clubs, the glee at the announcement of the PL charges, the threat of relegation, titles stripped etc, a lot of that 'love' for the 'English game' is waning.

I've now adopted the stance that, whatever happens, i'll continue to follow Manchester City FC in whatever journey it takes, be that to the top of the English game, the European one or beyond.
This new European Super League proposal is a threat to the CL and the PL. The rest of Europe is well pissed off that the PL has taken over the world in terms of revenues.

Well if we were expelled from the premier league we couldn’t play in the champions league either if it stayed that way so I guess that’s a completely different issue.
The champions league wouldn’t exist. Though this super freak would. A champions league on steroids if you like. We would be unable to compete, thus revenues would take a nose dive thus restricting any potential spending power if we ever got there and the new rules would keep us down the pecking order for ever. Hmmmmm sounds legit

Just so people realise this doesn’t replace the domestic league it replaces the champions league. You would qualify through the same mechanics I.e. finishing in the top spots in your league. You would play in a multi-division format with the best teams in the top division effectively. It would avoid the dead rubber champions league games we play. These guys can’t be any more corrupt than UEFA so to me it doesn’t really make a difference.
There's always room for more corruption. There may be 80 teams alluded to in this latest announcement (which actually is a re-packaged proposal behind a 'front' from Juventus, Real Madrid and Barcelona if you read the A22 website) but they are not interested in finishing half way up that stack of teams, they'll be expecting to win and that's their motivation, because, you know, money.

Just so people realise this doesn’t replace the domestic league it replaces the champions league. You would qualify through the same mechanics I.e. finishing in the top spots in your league. You would play in a multi-division format with the best teams in the top division effectively. It would avoid the dead rubber champions league games we play. These guys can’t be any more corrupt than UEFA so to me it doesn’t really make a difference.
Except that the statement says it would exclude clubs with ANY owner funding and that rules most of the Premier League clubs out of it.

Erm, read it again...

I'm not saying I support the Super League concept.

I'm saying that, unlike last time when i was rteady to bin the club off for doing so, this time i'm supporting the club in whatever decision it makes, because i support Manchester City, not the English Leagues.
Erm.....why would you even consider “binning the club off” ?

We were bounced in last but we’re first out and precipitated it’s failure.

It sounds like it’s good thing you weren’t at Wycombe, Lincoln & York !!

Erm.....why would you even consider “binning the club off” ?

We were bounced in last but we’re first out and precipitated it’s failure.

It sounds like it’s good thing you weren’t at Wycombe, Lincoln & York !!
Oh be quiet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.