European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

If I had seen more support coming from the other PL clubs, Championship clubs etc, i'd not have had such a drastic change of heart, but it's clear now that everyone, not just the Red coonts, wants City not just to fail, but be destroyed. Why defend the integrity of the English game when it is clear it doesn't have any?
I couldn't agree more..the only thing what matters to me is Manchester City Fc and my blue brothers and sisters I couldn't give toss about anything else ctid

I was disgusted when Manchester City announced they were in favour of the proposals put forward, utterly ashamed. I was an advocate of the English League, the English football system, the cups, the prestige, the heritage.

I wanted to continue to experience and feel the joy of seeing the club named as Champions of England, Champions of the FA Cup and to want to throw that all away for some plastic league sickened me, because I still felt a connection to the other clubs in the country that I wanted City to compete with. I didn't want that tradition to die.

This week something has changed in me, and whilst i'm still not a proponent of this 'Supa Leeg', the unjustified hatred felt towards my club and my fellow supporters by fans and professionals at these other clubs, the glee at the announcement of the PL charges, the threat of relegation, titles stripped etc, a lot of that 'love' for the 'English game' is waning.

I've now adopted the stance that, whatever happens, i'll continue to follow Manchester City FC in whatever journey it takes, be that to the top of the English game, the European one or beyond.
It was not the proposals that upset me. It was the fact that we were aligning ourselves with those that would put us out of business if they could find a way. To wake up and find we’d jumped into bed with these clubs was just too much

It was not the proposals that upset me. It was the fact that we were aligning ourselves with those that would put us out of business if they could find a way. To wake up and find we’d jumped into bed with these clubs was just too much
I'd put that down to our owners naivete in thinking the Premier League honoured us as a worthy combatant.

I think they know better now.

There's always room for more corruption. There may be 80 teams alluded to in this latest announcement (which actually is a re-packaged proposal behind a 'front' from Juventus, Real Madrid and Barcelona if you read the A22 website) but they are not interested in finishing half way up that stack of teams, they'll be expecting to win and that's their motivation, because, you know, money.
Last word sums up all of the past decade's shenanigans, whether aimed at City or else the wider game in general.

Dylan was correct, 'Money doesn't talk, it swears..'

I wish all of these know-nowt marketing johnnies at home and abroad would kindly f**k off out of our game and take with them their American run clubs and ideas, together with their rapacious desire for sponging up all the moolah without ever being challenged, so that the rest of us can get on with enjoying the competition(s) we've loved for more than a century and a half now..

So what is the actual point of it then? Why can't the CL be revamped into an actual L along these lines?

Football as we know it (or knew it over the past decade or so) is well and truly on the verge of disintegrating.

Looking at some of the stories that have broke this week, they will have serious ramifications on the nature of English football forever.

Too much emotion still after Monday to really consider the merits of this. Needs a clear head. I’ll park it in the back of my mind for a week or so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.