European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

Pl charge city on monday
White paper got delayed on Tuesday
Qatar wants to buy the rags on Wednesday
ESL makes a comeback on Thursday.

There’s a song in there somewhere but honestly I just don’t give a fuck anymore

Disclaimer for the pedants: days may not be right accurate my heads been up my arse with it all

giphy.gif

Do you think they’d stop hating us just because we’re in a league with another name.

Hitler is more popular than us.

Fuck em !!
Erm, read it again...

I'm not saying I support the Super League concept.

I'm saying that, unlike last time when i was rteady to bin the club off for doing so, this time i'm supporting the club in whatever decision it makes, because i support Manchester City, not the English Leagues.

Pl charge city on monday
White paper got delayed on Tuesday
Qatar wants to buy the rags on Wednesday
ESL makes a comeback on Thursday.

There’s a song in there somewhere but honestly I just don’t give a fuck anymore

Disclaimer for the pedants: days may not be right accurate my heads been up my arse with it all

We've been played. It makes sense that there were errors in the PL announcement, as it was rushed out.

The club and fans are all now in limbo until there's an outcome, which could be as long as 4 years away. Total stitch up.

I was disgusted when Manchester City announced they were in favour of the proposals put forward, utterly ashamed. I was an advocate of the English League, the English football system, the cups, the prestige, the heritage.

I wanted to continue to experience and feel the joy of seeing the club named as Champions of England, Champions of the FA Cup and to want to throw that all away for some plastic league sickened me, because I still felt a connection to the other clubs in the country that I wanted City to compete with. I didn't want that tradition to die.

This week something has changed in me, and whilst i'm still not a proponent of this 'Supa Leeg', the unjustified hatred felt towards my club and my fellow supporters by fans and professionals at these other clubs, the glee at the announcement of the PL charges, the threat of relegation, titles stripped etc, a lot of that 'love' for the 'English game' is waning.

I've now adopted the stance that, whatever happens, i'll continue to follow Manchester City FC in whatever journey it takes, be that to the top of the English game, the European one or beyond.
Fucking amen to that..ctid in whatever format

Just so people realise this doesn’t replace the domestic league it replaces the champions league. You would qualify through the same mechanics I.e. finishing in the top spots in your league. You would play in a multi-division format with the best teams in the top division effectively. It would avoid the dead rubber champions league games we play. These guys can’t be any more corrupt than UEFA so to me it doesn’t really make a difference.

There's nothing solid here, no clubs attached no detailed plans, no announcement of it happening.

It's 100% the Super League people seeing the City case in the news and their PR firm trying to say "See! This is why we need a Super League"
I think the same core clubs are pushing it, they've just not been stupid enough to put their names front and centre this time. But yes, there's very clearly multiple power struggles behind closed doors, and the City announcement, government paper, American ownerships are all caught up in. Though I wouldn't place us front and centre per se.

Just so people realise this doesn’t replace the domestic league it replaces the champions league. You would qualify through the same mechanics I.e. finishing in the top spots in your league. You would play in a multi-division format with the best teams in the top division effectively. It would avoid the dead rubber champions league games we play. These guys can’t be any more corrupt than UEFA so to me it doesn’t really make a difference.
So if you were to be expelled from the premier league you couldn’t then join this super league? Your revenues would obviously take a hit as well? Funny that init?

Fucking amen to that..ctid in whatever format
If I had seen more support coming from the other PL clubs, Championship clubs etc, i'd not have had such a drastic change of heart, but it's clear now that everyone, not just the Red coonts, wants City not just to fail, but be destroyed. Why defend the integrity of the English game when it is clear it doesn't have any?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.