European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

‘If’ we were found guilty then I doubt Sheikh Mansour would be selling up just because of that.
We’d either be charged wrongly or it’d be on him directly.
I did say 'proven'.

He'd have to distance himself from any suggestion of personal impropriety. It would be hugely embarrassing for the UAE.
In that case, someone else in the club hierarchy would be nominated to take the rap.

Don't worry... it won't happen. There's far too much at risk for City to be proven guilty.

Will Premier League clubs be able to join?

It appears as though Premier League clubs will not be able to join, even if the new proposal does get approved.

The UK government’s Department of Culture, Media and Sport released a statement that indicated a bill about to pass into law, which sets up a new independent football regulator, would make it illegal for British clubs to join a breakaway league.

"The attempt to create a breakaway competition was a defining moment in English football and was universally condemned by fans, clubs and the Government,” said a DCMS spokesperson.

"We took decisive action at the time by triggering the fan-led review of football governance, which called for the creation of a new independent regulator for English football. We will shortly be bringing forward legislation that makes this a reality, and will stop clubs from joining any similar breakaway competitions in the future."

The UK is no longer bound by EU law since Brexit, so clubs would not be able to appeal to the European Court of Justice.

==========

Its over. The option is not there unless the clubs are willing to never play domestic footy ever again.

Does anyone else see the irony in Florentino Perez applauding the court's decision that UEFA cannot limit commercial competition yet in the same statement promises that the ESL would 100% support and enforce the continued use of FFP?
The fucking balls on these people! They actually believe they're smarter than everyone else when in reality anyone with an ounce of intelligence can see right through the self-serving, corrupt basis of their plan. Another greedy old fuck acting like he's going to live forever.

I’d stop going. It wouldn’t be the same club and I don’t think I could support a team who basically could cause the death of the entire English game.

Even if let’s say I did go. There’s pretty much no relegation or consequence. The games would be meaningless - what enjoyment would you get out of it?
I was under the impression that it wouldnt be a closed shop. Yes if that was the case i would be shite. But i was led to believe it wasnt

Could you latch on to another team do you think?

It appears as though Premier League clubs will not be able to join, even if the new proposal does get approved.

The UK government’s Department of Culture, Media and Sport released a statement that indicated a bill about to pass into law, which sets up a new independent football regulator, would make it illegal for British clubs to join a breakaway league.

"The attempt to create a breakaway competition was a defining moment in English football and was universally condemned by fans, clubs and the Government,” said a DCMS spokesperson.

"We took decisive action at the time by triggering the fan-led review of football governance, which called for the creation of a new independent regulator for English football. We will shortly be bringing forward legislation that makes this a reality, and will stop clubs from joining any similar breakaway competitions in the future."

The UK is no longer bound by EU law since Brexit, so clubs would not be able to appeal to the European Court of Justice.

==========

Its over. The option is not there unless the clubs are willing to never play domestic footy ever again.

This is the Key with a Super League, it's pretty much like the breakaway from the football league back in 1992, Even today those in the championship still win the old league title, Under the ruling that's going through parliament at the moment, Any club wanting to play in the Super League will have to give up playing in the Premier League forever, It could also be that your club could lose its English nationality and would have to play under EU laws,

The Super League would become an EU nationality and all clubs would lose any home governing bodies involment

If Madrid and Barcelona drop out of champs league and go in this super league they should take of them all there champs league trophies

==========

If that ruling is legal.

Surely its best for English clubs to continue in the PL, with all its money & the advantages that brings us over the likes of Barcelona & Real Madrid and their shit La Liga tv deals, rather than join a super league where we get extra money but so do the Spanish clubs.
That financial advantage would be gone overnight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.