European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

It is just a holding statement. UEFA will have to give something to the English clubs to keep them sweet. They will start by scrapping the extra matches from next season. And they will also have to increase the prize money and the broadcast share to clubs. This is just the start. If UEFA are to survive they will have to do a lot more. City v Liver pool could make £100m plus in broadcast revenues from a single match if they streamed their own broadcasts. The bigger clubs will not continue to be fobbed off with £100m a season indefinitely, especially if the ESL takes off. The profits to be made are just too high to ignore for any business. UEFA will die unless it changes its business model.
UEFA dying? Every cloud and all that.

The new proposal bypasses the broadcasters and will make sure that clubs keep the lions's share of broadcast revenues.
We'd be swapping one set of self serving twat's for another.

The whole point of the ESL is so the elite clubs can keep most of the money for themselves, but what about the game as a whole & other clubs dreaming of eating at the top table one day too?

With FFP still being in place, a move like this will further cement the G14 as untouchable & unreachable. This is their ultimate plan to the detriment of everyone else imo.

Last edited:
The ESL is a G14 construct, & specifically crafted to suit their member's coffers.

Think about the original language used. "It's not fair that the legacy clubs who made the CL what it is, can't get to compete in it every season", hence the closed shop approach, with a couple of invites thrown to City & Chelsea.

Who the fuck would want to watch the same 16-20 clubs playing each other season after season, without the jeopardy of qualification?

I feel today is the ideal opportunity for the sensible heads to say enough is enough, & to reorganise football, so all matches becomes meaningful again.

Why should we lose our players to qualifiers against The Faroe Isles & San Marino? Surely there should be a seeding system where only League One players are allowed to represent England against these international no hopers?

Honestly, if I were a City player, I'd be telling my association don't bother contacting me outside of tournament football, because I won't be interested.

Rodri's interview in August said it all. Players are fearing for their health & the authorities couldn't give a fuck, so long as they keep raking in the dosh.
England playing Gibraltar, San Marino, The Faroe Islands, etc is just absurd. The international calendar has become a total farce. It is like PL clubs playing Sunday League teams. I am amazed the clubs and the PFA just don't put a stop to it. International caps have become meaningless. Playing for England used to be elite level but now most of the games are League One level at best.

England playing Gibraltar, San Marino, The Faroe Islands, etc is just absurd. The international calendar has become a total farce. It is like PL clubs playing Sunday League teams. I am amazed the clubs and the PFA just don't put a stop to it. International caps have become meaningless. Playing for England used to be elite level but now most of the games are League One level at best.
It's beyond a joke. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I watched an international match outside of the semis & finals in major tournaments.

I literally have zero interest watching "International" teams whose countries have a population smaller than Wythenshawe's. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

There is no chance that any football nation (or the clubs in it) would abandon their domestic leagues. The PL is the biggest money-spinner of all. This is just scare-mongering promoted by media groups who would lose out in the new format. Lower league and non-league football is booming in this country like never before. Even Wrexham FC have gone global! This new proposal is a threat to the CL and UEFA can respond by cleaning up its act or it will be wiped out.

If it was in a clubs interest they absolutely would abandon or play weakened teams in their national leagues. Its amazing how easily people always fall for this shit.

The set up.of this is not only unfair but it will change and expand. The difficult part is getting it set up.

I asked someone this earlier but would like to hear some of the other Blues opinions on this.
I see some comments with regards this happening and them saying they’ll be done with football if this happens.
So my question is how would they feel if we’re booted out of the premier league or lower with regards the 115 charges and would then your opinions change?
Just wondering..

Nowt wrong with the Northern Premier League.

If City are proven guilty, the City Group deserves whatever punishment is doled out. I can't for one minute imagine that Sheikh Mansour and Co will want to be involved in football for very long if the club is found to be corrupt.

We'll be lucky to be bought out by a consortium of local newsagents.

However... it won't happen.

We'd be swapping one set of self serving twat's for another.

The whole point of the ESL is so the elite clubs can keep most of the money for themselves, but what about the game as a whole & other clubs with potential of dreaming of eating at the top table one day too?

With FFP still being in place, a move like this with further cement the G14 as untouchable & unreachable. This is their ultimate plan to the detriment of everyone else imo.
You are probably right but the current situation with UEFA can't continue. UEFA is supposed to be an admin body and regulator but it acts as a commercial rival competing for the same sponsors as its clients (the clubs); it generates billions by controlling all the broadcasting rights and spends huge amounts propping up its unaccountable structure; its senior Directors have repeatedly acted corruptly and carried out a witchhunt against City (and other clubs).
Clubs could generate dramatically higher revenues if they streamed their own broadcasts (perhaps in a joint capacity) without all the political hassle of dealing with UEFA. Tyson Fury can make more in three fights with broadcasting revenue than a club like City gets for winning the CL. The CL final alone was reported to have had 400m global viewers. This can't continue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.