European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

If the premier league still found us guitly and relegated us to wherever, I would go to every game in whatever lower league we were in.

If we saw our arse and joined some poxy ESL I wouldn't attend one game of it.

I hope the red scouse and tarquins do join barca and real and also Milan, Napoli, Marsielle, benfica and Porto. Have a mini competion of their own wouldn't miss the cunts anyway

Last edited:
What a farce. Even the names of the leagues sounds like a joke. The Star league is top because a Star goes at the top of a Christmas tree! Gold symbolizes the gift from the three wise men and blue represents Mother Mary. Ha

The ESL has to abide by the law just as much as UEFA. UEFA fell foul of competition law. So if City were expelled from the PL would the ESL not fall foul of competition law if they offered us a place in the ESL?
Maybe it's tricky stuff.
I was thinking we were in the clear with UEFA and PL ruling only applied to the PL.
But will all come out in the wash hopefully.

Maybe it's tricky stuff.
I was thinking we were in the clear with UEFA and PL ruling only applied to the PL.
But will all come out in the wash hopefully.

Reading into it the new organisation are still obsessed by how much money a club earns so will definitely curtail any meaningful investment by any club wanting to break into the big time.

The plans for the women's league are a bit vague, IMHO the women's game shouldn't be as linked to the men's game and should be self funding, but it looks like that isn't going to be the case.

Happy clappers will love this "New" structure but not as much as the European royalty will.

It seems to me like other than Real and Barca who are begging for cash, pretty much everybody else has given them the elbow and their competition looks like a naive pipe dream. And I don’t see any evidence that’s going to change, especially in this country where the government is just going to legislate against it anyway.

How can this ever work if even one league refuses to send its teams? It breaks the whole concept of a pan-European league.

Total non-starter. Will be forgotten about in a few years and then they’ll try again and everybody will tell them to fuck off again. Repeat into eternity.

This isn't the case, is it? The ruling quite clearly reaffirms the primacy of competition law and that UEFA and FIFA do not have the right to prevent clubs from competing in other competitions. UEFA and FIFA do not enjoy a monopoly of football provision.
Is that it, though? Again, I haven't read the ruling yet, but as the governing body it is well established that UEFA can have regulations that impose conditions on licensing new tournaments under the European Sports Model in order to protect the wider game, isn't it? And protecting the domestic leagues and the underlying pyramid, I would have thought, is where the ESL will fall down. I thought this judgment was only that no such regulations were in place last time, so there was no legal basis to prevent it? Now there are such regulations, I believe.

Of course, I may be wrong.

What a farce. Even the names of the leagues sounds like a joke. The Star league is top because a Star goes at the top of a Christmas tree! Gold symbolizes the gift from the three wise men and blue represents Mother Mary. Ha

It's the colour of there flag those colours represent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.