European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

That's the bit that everyone is so against. Having a competition where the '20' original members are guaranteed entry regardless of performance and then maybe 10 spots made up from around the world will just alienate the whole thing again. It has to be a replacement to the CL (Midweek competition) and done on merit, not a closed shop for the usual suspect which will just kill domestic competition. I suspect thats not what Barca and Real want though, they want a cash cow where they are playing Juve, Milan, Bayern, City every single week without challenge.

But there are no permanent members. People aren’t actually reading about what the competition is and just following the outrage

Why can't the EPL and the media see that ,if they removed their red tinted glasses and created a league where all clubs are valued, all football fans would be happy. The only people that wouldn't be happy are the fickle glory hunting fly by night saps that believe everything they're told. I would even click on media articles if I knew they weren't just biased click bait. The non red shirt clubs are afraid to challenge the EPL as they know it is owned by the red shirts. Whilst I'm ranting. Anyone who believes spitty is good for football is a deluded prick.

Doesn’t replace domestic leagues and is an open competition that can be qualified for via sporting merit. Free to watch. Owned by the clubs and not corrupted by UEFA or FIFA.

Why are people so against this again?
The clubs will share all the broadcast revenues because the streaming will be done by the league itself. No money wasted on UEFA and it cuts out the middle men like SKY who have been ripping fans off for years.

A ESL can only be a competion based on merit or winning something, being rellegated from it and it replacing the champiosn league because of fixture pile up

any invitation extra league will never be accepted or wanted

so isn't gonna happen

But there are no permanent members. People aren’t actually reading about what the competition is and just following the outrage
I didn’t realize that, was always portrayed as a closed shop competition where the founding members took nearly all the places every season and the majority of the cash.

Increasingly in opposition fan forms I am seeing lfc, utd, barca fans calling for, being for an ESL so that City can be stopped.

I think the red clubs are going to break away soon, or demand City, PSG, Newcastle, threat, are dealt with.

We'll be invited to it, but it will be a small seat at the table. We are the threat they fear most.
LOL not a chance, what sponsors are going to allow the worlds best club side not to be invited?

But only if they still wanted to be part of the PL. If they don't, then anything is on the table.

True but it feels like the money for the ESL would have to massively outweigh the PL + UEFA money.

The proposed regulation will probably be the biggest challenge, the government could make it more difficult to join. Again not sure how far they can go with Regulation, they could go the whole hog.a

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.