Eurovision 2024

For those who don't like Eurovision and are baffled at those who do (like de moi) here's a little taste as to why I like it;

Good excuse to get pissed watching something dumb (United are on tomorrow)
You laugh at the music, occassionally go "that was a good song", have HUGE opinions about how good our entry is, and then during the voting get angry at countries not giving the UK 12 points, get hyped to fuck when they do, until you reach the point where we don't expect to get any and start willingly hoping we DON'T get 12 points, which you laugh at even more.

If that's not your bag, don't worry, it's only once a year. But there's a reason Wogan and now Norton get pissed while doing it; it's much better to enjoy it that way.

And that's just the organisers!

They are going to out gay and out drug each other that in 10 years time they are going to turn full circle wear conservative clothes and tut tut at youngsters who stand up in the audience.

Last edited:
Dutch act banned for allegedly harassing a member of a production staff is right, although a tad hypocritical considering the stance on Israel.

Sounds like it's all kicking off behind the scenes now.

A counter-statement been released that says there was no harassment, and actually the camera crew were harassing the Dutch act, so he gestured at them to "back off" but never touched anybody.

Plus ongoing speculation about certain countries being missing from a flag parade earlier. And god knows what's going to happen with all the protesting about Palestine going on. I reckon the chances of Israel's act going uninterrupted is... probably quite low.

I've got my popcorn ready.

For those who don't like Eurovision and are baffled at those who do (like de moi) here's a little taste as to why I like it;

You laugh at the music, occassionally go "that was a good song", have HUGE opinions about how good our entry is, and then during the voting get angry at countries not giving the UK 12 points, get hyped to fuck when they do, until you reach the point where we don't expect to get any and start willingly hoping we DON'T get 12 points, which you laugh at even more.

If that's not your bag, don't worry, it's only once a year. But there's a reason Wogan and now Norton get pissed while doing it; it's much better to enjoy it that way.
I thought most blokes watched it to perv at the fit singers

It's probably the only event where I allow myself to be totally immersed into stereotyping the other countries.

"Fucking frogs giving us nil points, quelle surprise. Remember Trafalgar? They clearly do."
"Cyprus gives 12 pts to Greece, what again? Who could have seen that coming?"
"The rest of Europe is so ungrateful, we should have just let the Nazis have at them."

etc.

They are going to out gay and out drug each other that in 10 years time they are going to turn full circle wear conservative clothes and tut tut at youngsters who stand up in the audience.
That sounds like the act I'm going to enter to represent the UK next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.