EV Charging?

As others have commented, in your situation an EV would be much more agro than it’s worth. Mrs JT has just got a mild hybrid that recharges itself, pretty much anything under 30mph is on the battery unless it’s a very steep hill. Nice and quiet plus not chugging out fumes when in town traffic. Like garlic bread, it’s the future!

Edit, plus never have to be concerned about the battery running out of juice as it has a 1.6 petrol engine.

Being an EV owner I think most on here are correct, if you can’t cheap charge at home then ICE is the answer at present. I rarely charge away from home as it is so expensive. It is time that this was sorted as companies like Instavolt etc are taking the p1ss. It is comparatively dearer to charge your car at these places than filling up with petrol/diesel.

Average car does 10 miles per litre, so about 15p a mile.
My Eniro averages about 4 miles per KW and a Kw is about 80p so 20p a mile.
At home 9p a Kw so 2.25p a mile.

No reason why not, it just requires legislation and standardisation, but considering how long it took Apple to change its lightning port to USB C, I wouldn't hold your breath
Even if different companies wanted different ones, it could still be done. It’d take away the need for 40 million charging points needing to appear.

It’d also sort out the depreciation issue of the battery and the value of your car out too.

Even if different companies wanted different ones, it could still be done. It’d take away the need for 40 million charging points needing to appear.

It’d also sort out the depreciation issue of the battery and the value of your car out too.
Just a question of time now that the chinese battery manufacturers are also manufacturing the EV cars and pushing them into Europe.

Just a question of time now that the chinese battery manufacturers are also manufacturing the EV cars and pushing them into Europe.
I think Insaw today that the EU are putting large tariffs on Chinese cars because they would undermine EU made cars.

As already said, fast public charging is more expensive than petrol or diesel unless you have a Tesla and use the Tesla charge stations where they are below half the price of Instavolt etc.
If you can't make use of a work charger and going to rely on public I wouldn't bother at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.